What's your biggest non scale victory?

Options
ALNoog
ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
I updated my profile picture today and I can actually smile now without having what I call double cheeks (extra fat off the bottom sides of my face)..... AND I have a neck now!

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!!

What are your biggest non scale victories?

Replies

• discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am finally back in single digit jeans. :-)
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Finally feeling ok about wearing a bikini in public.
  • hisbeautifulangel
    hisbeautifulangel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My double chin has almost disappeared and i no longer look like a very fat pregnant woman lol. I'm also happy to be down to a size 13/14 after being in size 18-20 jeans :)
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    This pear shaped gal happily reports that my legs look less like hams and more glam. Hip thigh and calf hooray!
  • kmr72
    kmr72 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You all have some good ones. I can't wait for my day to come. KUTGW ladies!
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm really early on in this game still, but I am so much stronger!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I got to play on a jungle gym with my kids without feeling like I'd break it or get judged. :)
  • ALNoog
    Options
    Those are all so great!

I can't wait until I am single digit pants! I don't think I've been in them since about 5th or 6th grade.
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Before I started, I had to get my jeans tailor-made because a 40-inch one wouldn't even fit me. Now I wear 32" jeans! Same with my shirts. An XXL before would be too small for me, and now I'm down to small
  • amysgottadothisthang
    amysgottadothisthang Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My biggest NSV is increased self esteem! I am so proud of myself for sticking this out and making it a positive lifestyle change! Its not "just another diet"
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising for over a year! Pinch me, I am not sure that I am not dreaming!:laugh:
  • Jacquelineslims
    Options
    Ive never posted anything in one of these forums, but you pose an interesting question...I really need to give some thought to "non scale victories".... I guess for now I can feel good about diminished cravings, quitting coffee, and better skin. Thanks. You look great by the way. Be proud of your accomplishments.
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    People I went to school with don't recognize me.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Just ran 5K for the first time ever on Monday! Could barely walk 3 miles 6 months ago, let alone run it!
  • ksmithnh
    ksmithnh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You are all great inspiration!! For me its the moments when I catch myself in the mirror and have to look twice to make sure its still me :) Long way to go but its the little victories like that, like having others around me tell me that I've inspired them to get started, and fitting into some clothes I haven't put on in 8-9 years that keep me going. Way to go everyone!
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My form is so much better when I walk/sit/stand ... I think it's from working my muscles and feeling stronger!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Holding myself together mentally and physically through illness, brain surgery and the subsequent recovery.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I knocked out 20 full, up on toes, push-ups this evening in one set. I couldn't even do one 14 months ago.:bigsmile:
  • ALNoog
    Options
    Ive never posted anything in one of these forums, but you pose an interesting question...I really need to give some thought to "non scale victories".... I guess for now I can feel good about diminished cravings, quitting coffee, and better skin. Thanks. You look great by the way. Be proud of your accomplishments.

Thank you so much!
    And congratulations on your victories!
    I got so obsessed with the scale for so long that I didn't even realize I had accomplished so much.
    It's important I think to recognize all the things that change as opposed to just weight loss.
  • stormydestiny
    Options
    having to poke new holes in a belt that barely fit around me at all in october :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!