What's your biggest non scale victory?

Options

Replies

• PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I don't know about biggest, but the most recent and the one that's made me super happy is I recently bought a pair of workout pants at Target- regular size, not plus size; I was concerned they'd be a bit too snug, but figured they'd be something to work toward. I was wrong. They fit! They freaking fit! Silly little thing, but it just made my week. I need to go buy more.
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    I can fit in a size Large shirt and size 16 pants. I was in extra large and size 18....those are gone forever!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    To be able to walk more than 10 minutes without huffing and puffing 7 months ago.

To go from a XXL shirt to a L, size 46 waist to a size 36....those are a couple NSV's
  • SchrodingersPlatypus
    Options
    Because of all the cardio, I'm all set to walk the eight miles to work when our transit company possibly goes on strike.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday my mother-in-law asked have I lost weight. A couple months before we weren't really getting along, so this was huge that she noticed now that we're talking.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Holding myself together mentally and physically through illness, brain surgery and the subsequent recovery.

^
    ^

Bless you, honey :heart:
  • stormydestiny
    Options
    RIGHT? i mean i'm still in the plus sizes but a month or two into my weight loss journey i bought a pair of pants two sizes smaller than what i started at to give me something to work towards.i nervously brought them home and tried them on to see the damage and they fit! not kinda fit , noooo them bad boys were comfy and i didnt look like i was stuffed in them, not once did i think "they are gonna rip at the seams at any moment" lol those same pants now need a belt to hold them on but they are still my favs
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Holding myself together mentally and physically through illness, brain surgery and the subsequent recovery.

You are so inspirational! Congratulations on your recovery!
  • adrake611
    adrake611 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My work scrubs fit better so I no longer look like a giant green sausage. Also, my clothes from my previous weight loss are starting to fit again.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Not letting the pain of my arthritis keep me from walking 3 miles everynight!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I love NSVs. I think my biggest one is that I can run 10 miles. Ten months ago I started C25K and could barely run for 60 seconds at a time.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

You are so inspirational! Congratulations on your recovery!

Thank you :heart:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

^
    ^

Bless you, honey :heart:

And also, thank you :smile:
  • stormydestiny
    Options
    I love NSVs. I think my biggest one is that I can run 10 miles. Ten months ago I started C25K and could barely run for 60 seconds at a time.

you are my friggin hero!! C25K is the bane of my existence right now! :sad:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

you are my friggin hero!! C25K is the bane of my existence right now! :sad:

Stick with it! The first few weeks during every run I think my mantra was "you're burning calories - keep going because you're burning calories" but after that I started not hating it, and then started liking it, and then realized I was SUPER crabby the days missed a scheduled run. Never would have dreamed those first miserable weeks that less than a year later I'd be registered to run a half marathon.
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For me, it was when I tried to pass a mock Army physical fitness test -- and I knocked out my minimum push ups in 42 seconds!!!!! When I was barely able to do 1 push up just a few months earlier!!

Reading all these non-scale victories is motivating me right now :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Skykilr1
    Skykilr1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Went from 4XL shirts to an XL. 48 size pants (even those were the stretchy kind) and just bought a pair of size 38 jeans(1st time in 20yrs I could wear that).
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I did 12 assisted chin ups yesterday on a lighter level of assistance than a couple of weeks ago!
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mine is actually an unintended scale victory. Earlier this week our Aria scale that identifies users by their weight range couldn't tell me and my wife apart. It had to ask who I was. It was a victory for me...
    Didn't make my wife so happy.
  • havenbaby
    havenbaby Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Learning to be in control of what I eat...I can actually keep sweets in the house and eat just half a candy bar where as before I would eat sweets until they were gone and feel sick. Also making exercise a part of my lifestyle has greatly improved my skin, how I sleep at night, my mental and physical health, I hardly even had a cold all winter which is huge for me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!