"You shouldn't lose more weight"

Options

Replies

• Polarpaly05
    Polarpaly05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I hope somebody understands what I'm going through, and can help me manage and maybe give me a honest opinion.

There is a lot of hand holding and "you are beautiful" in this thread. The OP asked a simple question... does she look sick or could she stand to lose more?

You would have to lose another 15-20 kilos before you started to look "sick". An honest opinion, and I'm going to such bad feedback for this, you could lose another 5-7 kilos. You're currently running a BF% of 33.3%. Which is just outside the upper boundary of "normal". (28-33 = normal).

If you look at it from another perspective, if you asked any health insurer if you were overweight... they would say yes with a BMI of 26.9 (which is what you are per your given info).
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    your a babe
    do what you want
    do not listen to others.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I think you just have prominent collar bones, from your post I expected to see ribs in your chest but not at all. Are you doing much strength training?
  • moveyourself
    Options
    simple answer:
    DO WHAT YOU WANT AND **** EVERYONE ELSE.

It's not their body- it's yours! If you want to lose more weight and get to a point where you feel truly happy and good about yourself, than do it!!

I will give my honest opinion and say that I think your friends are seriously jealous. I think they are intimidating seeing you lose weight, because they know you are looking good, and if you lose more weight, you'll be supermodel hot! Unfortunately, some people are envious like that.

and just to reassure you, you WILL NOT look sickly if you drop more weight- you could lose another 30 pounds, and just be thin- and thin is okay. I know society wants us to believe being thin is superficial and gross, but it's not. Everyone's entitled to look however they want to look!
  • Zero_excuses
    Zero_excuses Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would say that your BMI could be a good indicator - I think the healthy range is around 20-25.

I'd like to congratulate you on all your hard work and you look great! But if you wanted to lose a few more pounds I don't think that it would harm you.

If you were concerned you could always check with your GP/Doctor? They could check that you are on the right track.

Keep up the good work :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You do look great!

Sometimes people don't know what to say to people who have lost a lot of weight, so they think this is a great compliment. As long as your goals are healthy, just log their comments as "awkward" and move on.

If someone you trust brings it up as a health concern, just agree to go for a check up and specifically discuss your weight with your doctor.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have a similar body shape to you (feel free to check my pics). I would say that you look great as you are but you could lose another 10kg if you wish to but not much more than that.

P.S. I want your collarbones!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, but if I were you, I'd definitely lose more weight. I am 5'3.5" and my goal is 125. What is your height? As long as you're not below 18 BMI you're totally fine.

Really, you need to stop when YOU feel you're ready. Don't necessarily listen to what others say.
  • Joebob8
    Joebob8 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    First of all, you are gorgeous. The idea of you looking even an ounce better is likely very threatening to your friends. Second of all, do what you need to get to where you want to be, and not anyone else.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Well to start with I think that you're absolutely beautiful.
    As to the question to whether you should lose more weight, what's your hurry?
    Don't put yourself into that never ending cycle of never being quite good enough, go slowly and love yourself, once you've got that covered then decide.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you! You have worked so hard, done a great job, and you look absolutely amazing! I hope you commend yourself. You really look great.

I agree that you should create a very low calorie deficit and do some weight lifting, if you don't do so already. You look very in shape, so I'd be surprised if you have not been weight lifting. You know your own body and where you want it to be, just go very slow.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You look great, not too thin or sick looking. I can relate as my male coworkers make comments about seeing my ribs and that I need to eat a burger. I just ignore them because no matter what I say, they don't understand. It's funny too because I never talk about losing weight. In fact my goal isn't to lose weight. People will say what they say. Just keep doing what you are doing. It doesn't matter what anyone think but you. You are fabulous.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm 169cm, 63kg and pear shaped. My upper body is considerably smaller than my bottom half. I honestly don't think you look too thin, do what you feel is right.
  • 39laurita39
    39laurita39 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great! This reminds of me because i used to weigh 165 and now im 110. Do what makes you happy & dont listen to others but where did the idea of being skinnier making you look bad or sick come from? Not at all no matter how fat you were once you can still get a killer flat stomach.. And small thighs.. Sigh.. My goal is to get to a low bodyfat % i dont care about weight that much because i have muscles now that make me look skinny and people that haven't seen me for a year flip out every time & they also comment but dont feel bad about it they will eventually forget.. I look naturally thin now and people tell me they dont even remember how i looked before & i love it! i can see how people would tell you u look better 'than before' because you still have some pounds of fat on you but get slimmer and i can assure you no one will remember you once were fat.. Theres no such thing as looking "too thin" compared to how big u were!!
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    good job keep going!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you look great...if I were you I would make a smaller deficet...say 200 a day and start lifting weights.

Based on your post and your pics you are at a decent weight and your desire for "smaller" butt, thighs etc would come with fat loss and maintaining muscle...

I have to think that the weight loss was from a calorie deficet and cardio...which means you have lost muscle too...maintaining what you have for muscle while losing fat is key to liking what you see in the mirror...

as well...it can take some time to realize how good you look after losing a lot of weight...

^^^^ this

no way you need to lose 10kg.... you look like you're at a healthy weight, if you want to be more "toned" looking, then hit the weights and work on reducing your body fat percentage. You may lose a few kg as a result, or your weight may stay around the same while you lose inches. Either way you end up looking really good, and the scale doesn't matter, health does. Weight training also increases your bone density and decreases your risk of osteoporosis. It's not just about looking good.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! If I were you I would do just a small deficit and lift lift lift!!

I am 163cm and my plan is to go down to 70kg. and then just get fitter and stronger.

But I totally hear you... Example: when you started your journey you set out to lose, say 50kg. Now that you are down 45kg, people tell you not to lose any more, you are getting too thin...well, there is still 5kg left to go to reach the goal of 50kg. You never started saying you want to lose 45kg, but 50! That is the thing people don't realize.

You are a huge inspiration to me.
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You look great! I don't think you will look sickly if you lose a few more lbs though. But it is important to think of where you came from and appreciate your body now. Love it cuz you look fabulous!

But like I said ... I dont think another few lbs will cause you to look unhealthy.

+1. And you do look fab!
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Hi guys.
    One question for y'all - have any of you tried to have people tell you that you shouldn't lose more weight or that you should stop losing weight, because it'll look ugly and sickening compared to how big you once were??

I'm always told that I look really good compared to how big I once was, and it's just… that's not what I want to be remembered for. I don't just want to look good compared to the old me. I want to look good and healthy and slim, without the last comment. I hope somebody understands what I'm going through, and can help me manage and maybe give me a honest opinion. Y'all don't know me and don't know how I used to look(i won't post a before picture, so it won't cloud your judgement), so please tell me - do i look sick? do i look normal? could i lose more kilos without looking too bad?

Hi there, I definitely know where you are coming from with how people comment on you looking sickly if you lose more weight and how people think of you. I used to be very obese 230+ pounds and lost weight, people always made comments to that effect. I have however maintained a lower body weight for over 30 years [ranging anywhere from 145-165]. As you meet new people your current weight becomes your new "normal" and the way that most people think of you. For people you have known for a long time and have seen you go through it they will still remember. However, for them, it is more likely to be in the context of "What a great inspiration she is for having lost the weight and kept it off for so long".

I, also being pear-shaped, would definitely echo the suggestions to lift weights. I just started about 12 weeks and have had many inches come off of hips, thighs, calves. If I had only realized at an earlier age how helpful it would be I would have started much earlier in life.

You definitely look fantastic. Congratulations on your wonderful success and many more to come :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are stunning!!

You need to lose what you feel like you need to lose.
    The ones who knew you before you lost weight will be the most shocked by your current size, because it's a huge change.
    If you aren't ready to give up the loss and maintain, then keep going. You look fantastic!

I'm in the same boat- I am so happy I've lost what I've lost but I want to lose 20 more pounds. I've been told that there's no way I should, but I'm losing it for me, the rest can kiss my almost-done butt!