Sugar Cravings - How do I get rid of them?

Options
2»

Replies

• ttmorales
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! My favorite snack when I am craving sweets is an apple cut up with PB2 powdered peanut butter sprinkled on the slices.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible carb/sugar addict which is why I'm going low carb. There was a documentary on recently that showed why we crave carbs the way we do, when we were cave people sugar and high amounts of carbs were very hard to come by so when we found them we binged and this allowed us to put down pay stores for insulation. Our brains are still hard wired to crave carbs like this but now we are surrounded by them... They say sugar is as addictive as crack and I can totally believe it. The thing with me is I slip back to eating way too much carbs when I reintroduce occasionally, like I suppose how an ex smoker can't just have an occasional cigarette. Carbs are addictive, modern societies idea of food is insane.

They're right that after a few days of feeling like *kitten* you will come out the other side without the same craving but they may never completely disappear. I read that having a spoon of coconut oil helps massively but I've not tried it yet.