guess the calories?- I have no way of working them out:(

Options
Basically I'm a student, in my college there is no nutritional information. How many calories would be in these oven cooked chips?by the way it's pepper ontop:).
Thanks.
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/chantelleherbert97/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsaf48b02a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I believe they measure each portion to be 1 and a half cup full.

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Oven cooked, with no oil? So basically it'd be a baked potato I'd start it at about 200 calories. If those were fries chips I'd estimate from 300 calories for that size.
  • Chantelleh97
    Options
    Thanks, i believe so with no oil as of the whole healthy eating thing in the UK.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    There are a number of oven chips entries in the database. Calories range from about 130-200 for 100g of chips.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks, i believe so with no oil as of the whole healthy eating thing in the UK.

the what?!

even oven chips have some oil on...
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Id say 350-400?
  • CampbellTony
    CampbellTony Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you are saying that there is no nutrition info in your college, go ask!!! They have a certain duty of care towards all students and will give you as much info as they can. Even if they give you the raw food weights etc, you'd be able to work it out. It only takes a bit of effort and time. And by the way, after looking at your pic, that is frozen chips, deep fried. They aren't oven chips.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    If you are saying that there is no nutrition info in your college, go ask!!! They have a certain duty of care towards all students and will give you as much info as they can. Even if they give you the raw food weights etc, you'd be able to work it out. It only takes a bit of effort and time.

Can't hurt to ask!

my uni does a pizza that I managed to get them to admit was just Chicago town frozen pizza. I guess a lot, enter a description into the database and pick the closest thing to it (I will often chose the option with the most calories to avoid an underestimation)