Organic food (UK)

Options
Hi all,

Recently I’ve been reading up on the importance of eating organic and it’s surprised me. Many of the fruits, veg & meat I was eating, which I thought were healthy, could actually be poisoning my body.

Pesticides, herbicides and other scientifically engineered chemicals seep into the ground and our water. Eventually we are ingesting these toxic compounds that were developed to kill living organisms. These chemicals reach the colon and remain there, making the colon toxic and slowly poisoning our body.

Also after recently finding out about all the chemicals, hormones & antibiotics that are fed to the meat before it reaches us, I also want to try and eat only grass-fed organic meat.

My question is; where can I find this in the UK?
If anyone knows of the cheapest, nicest places I can source organic fruit & veg & organic / grass-fed meat & poultry in the UK it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks x

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,968 Member
    Options
    Try farmers markets and get to know the people that grow and raise your food, many do it responsibly.
  • Jessicakatesargent
    Options
    I've just had a look and there's one in Birmingham next week i'll try, thanks :).
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It's' pretty easy to get organic food in the UK. Other than the websites mentioned and organic groceries/butchers in your area, you can get organic fruit & veg boxes from Ocado online delivery. They also do lots of organic meats, dairy products, etc.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm a veggie so I don't know about meat. But I get vegboxes from Riverford. All organic and very convenient cause it is sent home. But there are also many other veg box delivery services out there. Maybe just google it and see what looks best in your area...
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    We used to get a fruit and veg delivery from Abel & Cole. That's organic. I think they do meat as well.

You can also buy organic food from the supermarket. We buy a few organic things from Sainsbury's. if you have a farm shop near you, that would probably sell organic food too.
  • wanzeee
    wanzeee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel you're pain.After a lot of trial and error and a lot of research i'm currently shopping at Waitrose organic shop.NO GMO's in food or animal feed.Im shopping online and get it delivered at home .I can read the label before buying but you can also create a preference list .Shopping has never been easier and healthy!!!
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Abel and cole are excellent