230 pounds want to get to 150

Options
Hey....looking for friend who are 230 pounds and wanna loose or people who previously lost and have tips for me.Thank you
want to loose by December

Replies

• Deedoll80
    Options
    Hi There! I'm a tad bit over 230 (like 233) & would also like to get to the same goal weight. I'll add you as a friend shortly & we can do this together - good luck on your journey!
  • Gameofthrone
    Gameofthrone Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Hi my starting weight was 240, and I'm down to about 235 after a couple weeks. Anyone is welcome to add me =) The more the support the better!
  • dltp223
    dltp223 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi--I started at 252 & now weigh 202. You and anyone else can add me!
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey....looking for friend who are 230 pounds and wanna loose or people who previously lost and have tips for me.Thank you
    want to loose by December

My problem was I was addicted to **** food. I went on a ketogenic diet back in May 13. I lost about 70lbs. My ticker isn't correct actually. I started at about 240lbs. I'm at 172 now. I will be at my goal by the beginning of next year! Its exciting.

My advice: LCHF

low carb/high fat diet...
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I've had to do the conversion from kg - I started in June at about 190 and I'm aiming for 145 ish. I'm down to ~164 so far - about half way.

Feel free to add me.
  • tinajoe628
    tinajoe628 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I also started at 252 on my journey... just now made it into the upper 230s. Have a long journey to go, and would love to share support and encouragement with others who understand the struggle. My son recently got his certification as a fitness trainer, and he is teaching me a few things, and I'm using his textbooks to study for myself.. but nothing beats a good old fashioned support group!!! I'd love to connect with you all.
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hi:smile:
    I started at 239 and now I'm 210, my ultimate goal is 150. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Prior to becoming pregnant I was 232...i am six months pregnant and I am 241. After I deliver I have to get back to my goal of 175. I will add you and give you support throughout your journey even though I cant really work out like I want to right now. It is feasible. You will have to find out what works best for your body because everyone is different.
  • cssyti
    cssyti Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I started in June 2013 at 225 and now at 178. The bulk of the weight came off within about 4 months. since then its been hard to lose any more.

Feel free to add me
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    I started at 235, and I'm now hovering around 190. I also have the ultimate goal of reaching 150. I've already been at it for a couple of years, and it will probably take me at least another year to lose the rest. I want to lose the weight for life, and I'm going at it slow and steady. I also have times where I will stop losing weight and will maintain for a few months, and then get back on the weight loss wagon.
    As for advice, think of this as a lifestyle. Whatever you change in your life to lose weight, think if it is something you can do for the rest of your life. So think carefully about your diet and exercise choices. I lost 45 pounds in my early twenties, and while I didn't do anything extreme to lose the weight, I still struggled to maintain the lifestyle. Within a few years I gained it all back and more.
    Think about the choices you make now, and if they help you live the life you want. The easiest one for me to give up was not drinking my calories. No soda, no juice, no milk or sugar in my tea, I treat myself to a skinny Starbucks drink a couple of times a month, and keep my alcohol consumption in check.
    When I am on plan, I don't eat after 7pm, and I go out for an evening walk if I feel the urge to snack. Good luck!
  • katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 240 and I am looking to get below 200 by August. I would love to have more friends that are in the same boat as me. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • EternalRho1922
    EternalRho1922 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started at 221 in mid January. I am now down to 204. My goal is to reach 150 before my birthday on December 3rd. I have been losing about 1.5 - 2 lbs per week and about 4 -6 inches per week. I log every day and everything I eat, good or bad. After riding the diet and weight rollercoasters these past years, I decided to get off and make a lifestyle change instead. This meant finding foods I love to eat that are healthy, experimenting to find healthier versions of the foods I love that are not healthy, and paying attention to portion controls. I typically eat 5 -6 times a day. I am really never hungry. My goal is not to diet, but to find a healthier way of eating that I am willing to stick to for life and not just to I reach a magic number.

I try to walk a minimum of 10,000 steps every day. I also try to exercise 30 - 60 minutes a day Monday - Saturday. When it comes to exercising, I have been doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution (30 minute circuit training workouts w/ strength and cardio). I also do other random workouts (Tae Bo, Zumba, Turbo Fire) if I have had a stressful day or know I plan on eating more that day than normal.

I love myfitnesspal because of the encouragement and motivation I get from the people I have met on here. I like the accountability factor as well. When I started JMBR I joined the group for it and several people friended me. We have been progressing together and are able to keep encouraging each other to keep going.

Anyone on this thread can feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jayceesmom512
    jayceesmom512 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies !! My starting weight in Jan. was 257, I am currently at 243, my goal weight is 175. I would love to be at least 225 by May 5th which is my baby girl's 2nd birthday. Please add me we can help each other get to our goal weight in no time.

Quote of the day: "It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up."

Have a wonderful day !!!
  • Mrsrawsoul
    Mrsrawsoul Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is definitely attainable! I started at 213lbs in January 2013 and am now at 156lbs. It definitely helps to have supportive friends both here and at home but the main thing is to commit and stick with it. I started out with my sister going Zumba Fitness about 4 - 5 days a week and following the MFP caloric guidelines recommended to lose 1.5lbs/week (in the beginning I lost about 2 - 3 lbs/week). I then transitioned to doing Taebo and then from there both Taebo and weight training. Now I'm doing TurboFire which I love but it is hard on the joints. You will have some setbacks but just regroup and keep it moving toward your goal. Believe in yourself and you will reach your goal. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • cssyti
    cssyti Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started at 221 in mid January. I am now down to 204. My goal is to reach 150 before my birthday on December 3rd. I have been losing about 1.5 - 2 lbs per week and about 4 -6 inches per week. I log every day and everything I eat, good or bad. After riding the diet and weight rollercoasters these past years, I decided to get off and make a lifestyle change instead. This meant finding foods I love to eat that are healthy, experimenting to find healthier versions of the foods I love that are not healthy, and paying attention to portion controls. I typically eat 5 -6 times a day. I am really never hungry. My goal is not to diet, but to find a healthier way of eating that I am willing to stick to for life and not just to I reach a magic number.

I try to walk a minimum of 10,000 steps every day. I also try to exercise 30 - 60 minutes a day Monday - Saturday. When it comes to exercising, I have been doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution (30 minute circuit training workouts w/ strength and cardio). I also do other random workouts (Tae Bo, Zumba, Turbo Fire) if I have had a stressful day or know I plan on eating more that day than normal.

I love myfitnesspal because of the encouragement and motivation I get from the people I have met on here. I like the accountability factor as well. When I started JMBR I joined the group for it and several people friended me. We have been progressing together and are able to keep encouraging each other to keep going.

Anyone on this thread can feel free to add me as a friend.

Thats awesome you do JMBR, so do I! I am just finishing my second go around with it.
  • lyrical87
    lyrical87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 220 an aiming to get down to 165ish. it's all about eating clean and sweating hard! Feel free to add, its always nice to have friends to cheer you on and keep you motivated! :)
  • FeelinChastastic
    Options
    Feel Free to Add me!
  • jes0812
    jes0812 Posts: 1
    Options
    your weight loss is amazing! Could you please add me as a friend! I'd like to know more about the diet you are following... Thanks Jes - just started my journey last week at 235 pounds :-(
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hi there! *waves*

I started at 222.2 pounds & am currently 211 ~ still getting there, with a goal weight of 145. Any lady is free to add me! I log in every day & try to be a bright light with my posts. :flowerforyou:

Happy shrinking! :bigsmile:
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I started at 245 (though my heaviest was 260). I'm at about 175 right now (fluctuating between 173-177). My goal is a strong 165-170. Feel free to add me.

Nothing special. Just be very honest about measuring food and counting calories and get in a good workout many days a week.