Quest Bars? Thoughts and ideas welcome

Options

Replies

• tamelakaye79
    tamelakaye79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like them as well! Chocolate brownie heated for a few seconds is yummy!

Yes! Heat them up for like 5 seconds in the microwave and they are pretty yum- and I am SO PICKY! If it has that "protein" taste- I WILL NOT eat it!

Good luck!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan and if you find that you like them, I highly recommend ordering from their website instead of getting them from GNC/local store. I find that they are so much fresher this way and actually taste a bit better. Personally, I'm not a fan of the cookie dough or any of the chocolate ones. I like Cinnamon Roll, Coconut Cashew, Apple Pie and Banana Nut Muffin the best. I ditto asking for free samples though! Nice way to give them a try for free.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Buy a couple different flavors of Quest bars and give them a try. Some people love them, some people hate them. I think they're ok. It's basically just your personal tastes. The amount of protein and fiber in them is quite impressive, though.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Very expensive and I don't think they are so great like some people do. They are just ok. Chewy, grainy.
  • raqueldaisy
    raqueldaisy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Love!!! Chocolate chip cookie dough is my favorite and then double chocolate chunk!! They are so delicious and keep you full and satisfied! I have one a day basically. The good thing also is how versatile they are - follow @questnutrition on Instagram and you'll find all these new recipes and ways to use the bars. You can bake them, microwave them, mix, etc. It's great for satisfying those chocolate cravings. Cookie Dough is the best one I've tasted so far!! Tastes like it's fresh out of the batter!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I love them. Yes the texture isn't like a candy bar. It's more like eating room temp raw cookie dough. I switched to these because nutirtionally they are superior and if you need to keep them below 200 calories, there are several flavors to choose from to do that. Not many things you can eat for 20 grams of protein at less than 200 calories. These are great for breakfast on the go or when traveling. I also keep a couple in my desk in case of a bad case of the afternoon munchies.

As for protein shakes to take with, GNC has a great "Lean" shake already bottled that tastes pretty good . And if you want more of a water with protein, they also have a flavored water that 40 grams of protein per bottle. Can't remember the name but they taste like Jolly Ranchers.

Good luck! Love Seattle and dinners there are well worth savings your calories for! :smile:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    They are my new vice and primary source of fiber. I've not tried one yet I don't like the taste of. I love them because I tend to eat really light during the day and they go great with my fruit, yogurt or anything else I pack rather than the stuff I was packing. And sense I am always on the go they are easy to throw in the car, in my saddle packs, or anything else and only take a couple of minutes to eat. I usually eat two a day.

In case you here in the media, there is a lawsuit against Quest, GNC and the president of the company saying the labels are a lie. I did some research into the lawsuit and it has to do with the fact that the type of fiber they use is a new ingredient and it requires specialized equipment to assess the amounts accurately. Quest had voluntarily had a third party do an analysis of their bars for nutritional analysis and the results matched the labels. The lawsuit also claims the calories are off by as much as 20% but thus far that has not been founded either. That's the reported information I've found about the lawsuit from multiple sources online. That has not deterred me from eating these bars.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Just bought four the other day after a thread earlier this week. My kids and I did a taste test of cookies & cream, ch. chip cookie dough, cinnamon roll, and ch. brownie. The cinnamon roll tasted like *kitten*. Ick. I found the brownie to be lacking in chocolate taste, as did both my kids. As my 7 year old son said, "this doesn't taste like anything." The cookies& cream and cookie dough were ok, I guess. Overall, I don't get the hype and probably won't ever purchase them again. For the same cals and a bit more protein, I'd rather just have a serving of my favorite unflavored, unsweetened protein powder in a cup of skim milk, maybe throw in some Hershey's if I'm feeling crazy!
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you love quest bars you should watch cassey ho- blogilaties on youtube for all her creative quest bar cooking! she is awesome!
  • widmer3
    widmer3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to them. Don't buy them off of GNC- they're marked up insanely. VitaminShoppe.com almost always has deals and free shipping on them, though.
    Flavors I love: Apple Pie, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Brownie, Cookie Dough
    Flavors I like: Chocolate Chunk, Cinnamon Bun, Cookies & Cream, Banana Nut Muffin

Amazing protein and net carb count. Filling but feels like a treat.

Omg and if you microwave any of them (ESPECIALLY APPLE PIE) out of its wrapper for about 5 seconds, it's HEAVENLY.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Adore them! They are awesome!
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yuck. Try Pure Protein. Better texture and better macros, IMO
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Quest bars... Quest bars are AMAZING. I love them. Chocolate chip cookie dough, white chocolate raspberry and apple pie have been my favorites. The lemon pie is good too.

And yes, microwave them for just a few seconds. It feels like you're cheating, but you're not!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan, I import them from the states. I like the chocolate chip cookie dough!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Approved. I am working my way through a variety pack that I got off of Amazon recently. I had been addicted to Balance Bars, but these are a bit more nutritious and nearly as tasty.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    LOVE them... eating one as I type!!!

Some have a bit of a chalky taste, but for the most part they are all delicious. High protein, low net carb, low sugar, high fiber - why wouldn't you eat them?!!

Cookies N Cream - My new #1
    followed very closely by cookie dough!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I've only had a few different flavors and I am not a fan so far. Taste is all relative though.

I prefer ClifBars and Clif Builder's Bars but they do have a few more calories in them. I prefer the extra calories and carbs to hit my goals, but I realize others may not.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    go to their website and email them. they will send you 2 free ones to try :)

Thank you for the tip!! I just ordered samples! :flowerforyou:
  • Nightbynight
    Options
    Anywhere in the UK that does them for less than £25 for 12? Steep!
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Anywhere in the UK that does them for less than £25 for 12? Steep!

I would love to know this too!!