!700 Calorie Diet

Options
I just wanted to know what a 1700 calorie diet looks like, I did google it up and its so confusing.

Replies

• shoelesstroy
    shoelesstroy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1500 cal diet that I've been using for a week now with very good results
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    It depends on the diet and what you like....

Not sure what you are getting at....

Or are you confused at what a calorie is?
  • shoelesstroy
    Options
    well the link didnt work correctly ....I'll try something else
  • minusonali
    Options
    MFP wants me to eat 1700 calories i barely eat 1300 and i i feel like my metabolism is slowing down because of it. I am trying to see what else i can add in
  • shoelesstroy
    Options
    i usually add a couple of eggs to boost my calorie up just a little and they are a great source of protein
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The absolute easiest way to add calories to your diet is to add fat. Add oil. Add butter. Add avocados and peanut butter and use full-fat dairy and all that other good stuff. Boom, problem solved.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    You could take a look at a my diary -- up until this past weekend I was trying to average 1750 calories intake. Some days more, some less (I bumped it up to 1875 starting a few days ago since I'm getting close enough to goal that a 2+ pound / week loss rate isn't healthy).

It's gonna depend on what you like to eat 'tho.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to look at my diary. It's not always pretty (in fact, I haven't been logging much until yesterday) but I get right around 1700 calories or so.

Cheese. Sour cream. Butter. Meat. Cream cheese. Olive oil for cooking. Avocados are good for extra calories. (Heck, I have to watch all of those, it's too easy to go over! And I love them all :laugh:) Don't be afraid of any food group. And if it helps, eat a few snacks besides meals, spacing it out may help get the calories where you want them.
  • minusonali
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Feeling less confused now
  • neutralmilkhotel83
    Options
    Am I the only one who thought this thread would be about an emphatic 700 calorie diet?
  • neutralmilkhotel83
    Options
    The absolute easiest way to add calories to your diet is to add fat. Add oil. Add butter. Add avocados and peanut butter and use full-fat dairy and all that other good stuff. Boom, problem solved.

mmm avocados
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Pshhh 1700 calories is easy peasy.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It depends on the diet and what you like....

Not sure what you are getting at....

Or are you confused at what a calorie is?

What the hell is with this guy? Well, there's my dose of morning rage.
  • minusonali
    Options
    Lately been having a chocolate craving, What do you guys eat as dessert?

And at krist3ng lol!:tongue:
  • minusonali
    Options

• maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Am I the only one who thought this thread would be about an emphatic 700 calorie diet?

Nope! And I was excited for the *kitten* storm!!! :grumble:
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Calories are those little things that live in your closet and sew your clothes tighter at night, right?
  • HippyGal2
    HippyGal2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No. LOL:laugh:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

I like to melt an ounce of semi sweet chocolate and dip strawberries or grapes in it. YUM ola!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Jar of peanut butter + a spoon...Easy.

Also, if you use any fat free or diet foods, stop, opt for the real stuff. That'll be more satisfying and add calories.