Pedometer

Options
I bought a pedometer at Wal Mart recently and it doesn't seem to record all my steps. Wondering if I should get a better one. I placed it on my waist band right in front of my hip bone. Any recommendations on pedometers (cheap) or placement of it would be appreciated.

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I also bought a cheap pedometer at walmart and I am not sure if it is recording all the steps . I would like to know the answer to this , other then dont buy cheap pedometers from walmart, LOL
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    Hi! Nice job being proactive in recording your steps!

A lot of pedometers need to be calibrated. Or, try placing the pedometer (if it's small enough) in the center of your bra. Walk 20 steps and see if it counted 20.

G'luck!
  • cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Or, try placing the pedometer (if it's small enough) in the center of your bra. Walk 20 steps and see if it counted 20.

I had the same problem - except that my (cheap) pedometer is oversensitive...got creative and placed it with the "ladies", problem solved! :laugh:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    There are a few choices in this thread on page 2 or 3 I think.

<a href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/139676-walking-with-pedometers
    "></a>
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hey all of u. i got this 1 covered 4 u... the gym i work at, told me that if u carry, or wear a perdometer; then u need 2 have 1 that does not have a spring in it.. ( he has been a trainer 25 yrs plus, & building up his own ) if u want a perdometer that is inexspensive, it will come 2 u in the mail, through walmart in a round about way. but i ahve had mine 4 about 6 - 7 months now. it was recommended by me by a friend of mine in the group of perdometer wearers at sparkspeople. u carry it in your pocket, i wear mine like a watch... i adverage about 10,000+ steps a day. it will count reg steps, arobic steps, miles, & calories... i ride a stationary bike, it wont count as arobic steps... amazingly it knows the difference...... i am so totally luving mine... it was only approx 24.95.. go 2 omron.com & check it out... they have heart moniters, etc 2.... gl.....pammy :wink:
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    hey all of u. i got this 1 covered 4 u... the gym i work at, told me that if u carry, or wear a perdometer; then u need 2 have 1 that does not have a spring in it.. ( he has been a trainer 25 yrs plus, & building up his own ) if u want a perdometer that is inexspensive, it will come 2 u in the mail, through walmart in a round about way. but i ahve had mine 4 about 6 - 7 months now. it was recommended by me by a friend of mine in the group of perdometer wearers at sparkspeople. u carry it in your pocket, i wear mine like a watch... i adverage about 10,000+ steps a day. it will count reg steps, arobic steps, miles, & calories... i ride a stationary bike, it wont count as arobic steps... amazingly it knows the difference...... i am so totally luving mine... it was only approx 24.95.. go 2 omron.com & check it out... they have heart moniters, etc 2.... gl.....pammy :wink:

This was rather hard to understand O_o But I think I got most of it
    ~pedometer with spring = bad idea
    ~pedometer can be worn like a watch or carried in your pocked
    ~your pedometer knows the difference between walking and biking
    ~Wal-Mart has good, cheap pedometers
    ~omron.com has $24.95 pedometers, and also sell HRMs

Why is a pedometer with a spring a bad idea?