What's your biggest non scale victory?

Options

Replies

• jkdje0607
    jkdje0607 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My NSV happened last night. I am finally able to wear my wedding ring again!!!!! It has been 6 months since I had to force it off of my fat fingers. This was the happiest moment I have had since starting January this year!
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My face is more defined and my skin is SO much clearer!!

2d1sg38.png
  • yukifer
    yukifer Posts: 41
    Options
    Sitting in the bathtub and seeing several smaller folds on my stomach rather than two big rolls.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I can't pin point it. Maybe running for an hour when I could barely run for 30 seconds.
    Size 8 pants from 14/16 (some stores, though)
    Legs that don't "woosh woosh" when I walk
    Hello cheek bones, hip bones, and collar bones!
    Veins in my arm!
    Wrist bones and hand bones, lol
    Clearer skin!
    Stronger hair
    Walking up the stairs without getting winded!
    Walking fast everywhere because I can!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I bought a pair of jeans the other day in what I thought was the correct size, and they were too big. Headed back this weekend to pick up some size 10s!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Mine kinda happened gradually last year...but it's the BOOTH ISSUE.

For the past decade or longer, every time I went to a restaurant I had mild anxiety about booths. NOW I fit into all of them. Easily. Comfortably. With enough room to spare, that I could even draw my knees up to my chest or sit Indian-style...not that it is often or quite appropriate for a 37 yr old woman to sit like that...but now I CAN and that's awesome to me :-)

Before...I would walk up to the booth before my friends/family and try to size it up, was one side bigger than the other??? And then I'd go for whichever side seemed bigger. In some cases with restaurants I frequented, I even had a favorite wider booth to sit in.

I'd avoid going to certain restaurants (Waffle House for one) because I knew it was uncomfortable for me to sit in booths.

I lied to my mom, a huge booth-lover, telling her I no longer liked a certain local Mexican joint because I knew she would want to sit in a booth and I'd have to feel sucked-in the whole time we were sitting there.

I enjoyed going out with even larger friends, or my ex husband, because they would often have the same problems but being even bigger than me they were accustomed to requesting a table instead. So the focus was off my own anxiety about it.

I'd even use my large chest as an excuse, especially when I was with girlfriends..."Hey can we sit at this table, I don't like when my boobs are *on* the table!" -- now though I am still DD cup and my chest never comes close to even touching the table. It was my whole body that was too big, not my breasts.

Added bonus is I very rarely spill any food on my chest anymore, either!
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Mine happened this morning. I have been going to the high school track for almost three weeks and I would walk a lap, run a lap, walk, etc. Today I ran a half mile (2 laps) without stopping. That may not seem like much to some, but it's amazing to me. I will be 50 in a few months and have not run since I was about 25. I am thinking of signing up for a 5K and want to be able to run part of it.
  • kysurra
    kysurra Posts: 1
    Options

For the past decade or longer, every time I went to a restaurant I had mild anxiety about booths. NOW I fit into all of them. Easily. Comfortably. With enough room to spare, that I could even draw my knees up to my chest or sit Indian-style...not that it is often or quite appropriate for a 37 yr old woman to sit like that...but now I CAN and that's awesome to me :-)

Before...I would walk up to the booth before my friends/family and try to size it up, was one side bigger than the other??? And then I'd go for whichever side seemed bigger. In some cases with restaurants I frequented, I even had a favorite wider booth to sit in.

I'd avoid going to certain restaurants (Waffle House for one) because I knew it was uncomfortable for me to sit in booths.

I lied to my mom, a huge booth-lover, telling her I no longer liked a certain local Mexican joint because I knew she would want to sit in a booth and I'd have to feel sucked-in the whole time we were sitting there.

I enjoyed going out with even larger friends, or my ex husband, because they would often have the same problems but being even bigger than me they were accustomed to requesting a table instead. So the focus was off my own anxiety about it.

I'd even use my large chest as an excuse, especially when I was with girlfriends..."Hey can we sit at this table, I don't like when my boobs are *on* the table!" -- now though I am still DD cup and my chest never comes close to even touching the table. It was my whole body that was too big, not my breasts.

You are my motivation. This is a huge anxiety for me. I always joke that I'm such a messy eater (and some of it is true), but I think a lot stems from not sitting in a booth comfortably and not feeling like I can lean over at all. I have this mental routine whenever I approach a booth - I first scope out each side, and try to guess which one might be wider and then determine if I need to be on the left or right side (that's just from being a lefty all my life and not wanting to bump elbows). Then, there's even some places where the tables sit close together and I get anxiety that I won't be able to pull my chair out enough because of someone sitting at a table behind me, or I won't leave enough room for someone to walk past me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

You are my motivation. This is a huge anxiety for me. I always joke that I'm such a messy eater (and some of it is true), but I think a lot stems from not sitting in a booth comfortably and not feeling like I can lean over at all. I have this mental routine whenever I approach a booth - I first scope out each side, and try to guess which one might be wider and then determine if I need to be on the left or right side (that's just from being a lefty all my life and not wanting to bump elbows). Then, there's even some places where the tables sit close together and I get anxiety that I won't be able to pull my chair out enough because of someone sitting at a table behind me, or I won't leave enough room for someone to walk past me.

Aw I am touched that this struck a chord with someone else kysurra!!

I still know that feeling all too well though about the tables being close together. Some places really cram the chairs/tables in tightly!!! My husband's slim and fit and even he can relate to this. Especially in places where they line the wall or windows with tables-for-two stacked next to each other...sometimes there's barely room for kids to sit back to back!!
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I was wearing jeans with a 40 waist and they were not loose......yesterday I bought size 32. They weren't loose either but I got them on.

I bought a brand new belt when I had already lost 35 pounds and I could barely fasten the first hole. It was really tight. I worked my way through all 5 holes and yesterday I had to buy a new belt because it was no longer any assistance in holding my pants up.

I was wearing XXL shirts. Now my L shirts are too big, and I am going to have to buy M shirts.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Running an 8k in 37:17 (7:30/mile), especially since I would have been happy to do it in 45:00.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Running a marathon last August
    Having a closet full of size 2's, 4's and smalls (no more size 16-20!)
  • shrimpydoo
    shrimpydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I can run. While I'm certainly not at the marathon level, I CAN RUN!! Yippee. A year ago walking left me out of breath and going up hill required breathing exercises :)
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Being able to run 5 miles without stopping, while pushing the jogging stroller with my 3yr old in it!!!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Running a marathon last August
    Having a closet full of size 2's, 4's and smalls (no more size 16-20!)

I want to be you!! It's been 2 years and I'm not even close lol :(
  • melanieell07
    Options
    I am actually able to complete 3 hrs of exercise classes, Zumba, cardio and ripped which is a hard exercise with weights, crunches and leglifts
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    People (namely family) not recognizing me at my Aunt Kaye's funeral in 3/2013. I had physically changed so much. Buying clothing to make me look like the GQ version of myself.
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I was forced to swim at a pool party but actually loved wearing my bikini for once! Also, down a dress size!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Aside from actually enjoying clothes shopping and having many more options, I discovered I have a dimple!!
  • twyss
    twyss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Defying direct odds and running a 10k PR for the first time in 3 years while on a liquid diet while pre-op for my weight loss surgery. Can't wait to see what lies in store for my running career now that I'm post op.

And on the same running tangent. Actually running a full mile without stopping this past January in the last mile of a half marathon. My running career stretches back over three and half years. My stamina however only recently has improved to the point where I can hold it for extreme amount of time without walk breaks. If someone had told me I would ever be able to do this when I first started out I would have laughed my head off at the time. I couldn't even do that sort of thing when I was a kid forget as an adult.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!