Nicknames

Options

Replies

• _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Elementary school friends call me "J-Mo"; the PE teacher used it instead of calling out my whole name during roll call and it stuck.

My siblings' friends call me "Big J"; my little brother's name starts with a J too.

Friends I met in my old car club will either call me "dork" or "d!(k"; I drove a 1st Gen xB and was known as dorkinthebox on our forum... my personality earned me the latter nickname.

You forgot "Mine" and "Sexy *kitten*"; your girlfriend calls you those :wink:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Little Bit, Tig, Darla, Bug, DJ, and Biscuit Head, all of which I hate. The only nickname I ever liked was Outlaw. My grandpa called me that.
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Baby or babycakes - by the boyfriend

Mel - by friends/co-workers

Auntie - by my neices & nephew
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Sellybean, Selly, Bean, I used to be called Buttsees when I was a baby (because I had a cute butt apparently).
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My son Robert is Bobbo Flobbo. Because it flows in song better than Robert.

My daughter Mary Angela is Maggie, or Magpie, and more recently just The Pie. We call her The Pie. People think we are nuts. I ask my wife in public, "Have you seen The Pie?"

Other daughter Katherine is Katie, then Kaite girl, and now KG (short for Katie girl). Yo, KG...sup.

In other news....I am a total tool.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    turkey
    weasel berry
    snail
    cow
    fairy
  • childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    'Ozzy' as in Mr Osbourne .. Stuck from high school ... Also 'Dime' as in Pantera guitarist Dimebag, as I used to play only Pantera songs on guitar so ... kinda figured!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Nessie
    Nessa
    Ness
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My son Robert is Bobbo Flobbo. Because it flows in song better than Robert.

My daughter Mary Angela is Maggie, or Magpie, and more recently just The Pie. We call her The Pie. People think we are nuts. I ask my wife in public, "Have you seen The Pie?"

Other daughter Katherine is Katie, then Kaite girl, and now KG (short for Katie girl). Yo, KG...sup.

In other news....I am a total tool.

lol, these were good
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    CJ
    Carrie Berrie - childhood
    Special Ed- high school
    Goddess- joke in college
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    My family: Buddy (I'm a Jr. and my moms mom was having a feud with my dad at the time I was born and said she would never call me by that first name and it stuck)

Wife: Marathon Man :smokin:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Nay or NayNay - my first name is Renee, have had this one since I was a wee lass

Renoizi, Renoir, Shanaynay, Reniqua - all variantions from college buddies

Min or Minnie - latest given by my friend Matt and what I based my MFP username on. We became pals around the same time I started losing weight and it was his way of complimenting me on my progress.

There are a few others but they were fleeting and the stories behind them are a bit embarrassing...
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I only have one. My friends daughter calls me "Coley". Nobody has ever called me anything by the full version of my name. Which can be shortened)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Sunni
    Sunnibunni
    Mom
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Lovebug and princess..... my b/f
    MiMi Lynn.... my grandchildren
    Lil firecracker... some friends!
    Sunshine.... a lil old lady I took care of and a few friends!
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My mom and brother call me Chris (short for Christina)
    My crazy aunt madeline always called me charlie. I don't know why. I asked her once if she knew that my name wasn't charlie, she said did but she didn't care.
    My friend rissa calls me nina
    Some of my work friends call me blondie because I was blonde when I met them. It hasn't been that way for 4 or 5 years but it doesn't matter. Very confusing when new people enter the group.
    Everyone else calls me by my name.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    My real name is Melynda

Myndi - My dad
    Mimi - Given by my nieces and nephews
    Myndikins - Old Boyfriend
    Myndalynn - By my girlfriends
    Myn - My boss & co-workers
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    There has only been one person to ever give me a nickname. That was my grandfather and he called me Sugarfoot. I sure do miss him.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i've never had one. the closest i have ever come is people calling me by my last name, or my last name's initial (Z).