Help me decide on a quick dinner!

Options
Next Friday night is a gym night, so I'm looking for something super quick and simple, but still tasty and rich in protein, that I can whip up a couple hours before I hit the gym for strength training.

I've got about 450 calories to spare and I'll be 24 g of protein away from my goal. Other macros - I can spare 56 g carbs and 20 g fat. I don't mind going over in protein at all, but I'd like to keep the rest under goal.

Monday/Tuesday we're having ground beef and Wednesday/Thursday we're having chicken breast. I suppose I don't mind having a repeat, but it would be cool to have something else - no pork or fish (salmon, tilapia, etc) though, can't stand the stuff! Shrimp, maybe? Or a different cut of chicken or beef? You tell me!

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe for anyone that's interested...

Chicken and Feta Burgers: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-and-feta-burgers/

Holy 40 g of protein, Batman!

Any suggestions for sides with this? Still got 185 calories to spare!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich
    Turkey Hoagie
    Tuna Sandwich
    Egg Salad Sandwich
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Next Friday night is a gym night, so I'm looking for something super quick and simple, but still tasty and rich in protein, that I can whip up a couple hours before I hit the gym for strength training.

A quick dinner you can whip up in a couple of hours?

You and I have dramatically different definitions of "quick."
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Breakfast tacos are always a hit in my house and take hardly any time. Scrambled eggs, can add in egg whites to beef up protein and keep fat/cals lower. Add-ins like bacon and sausage to have on hand, everyone assembles their own. This way you can make it fir your macros, and others can make what they want.

ETA: I always like a side of yogurt & fruit salad with this. Just ups taht protein some more!
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    2 taco supremes from Taco Bell!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    Options

A quick dinner you can whip up in a couple of hours?

You and I have dramatically different definitions of "quick."

No, I want to be cooking a couple of hours before the gym, but I like to let the food sit for an hour or an hour-and-a-half before working out. We go to the gym between 8 and 8:30, but I get home at 6:15. Therefore, my idea of a "quick dinner" is one that I can finish by 7 at the latest.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wendy's 10-piece spicy chicken nuggets.

Calories: 430
    Protein: 26g
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fix the chicken different ways. Do you grill, smoke, or bake? You can do chicken and rice in a crock pot. I can bake a beef filet in the oven in 20 minutes. What about pork tenderloin? Chops?
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    Options
    Fix the chicken different ways. Do you grill, smoke, or bake? You can do chicken and rice in a crock pot. I can bake a beef filet in the oven in 20 minutes. What about pork tenderloin? Chops?

Do you have a good recipe for chicken and rice in the crock pot?
  • CampbellTony
    CampbellTony Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Me too, sounds great!!
  • CampbellTony
    CampbellTony Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How about a nice big chicken breast chooped up and stir fried with bean sprouts mushrooms, peppers and some greens. Chuck in some black bean sauce and you have a 10 minute meal thats delicious and very healthy. Adjust the amount of chicken to suit your required protein.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    Options

Me too, sounds great!!

Gotta love Yummly - http://www.yummly.com/recipes/healthy-crock-pot-chicken-rice