Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's your biggest non scale victory?

Replies

• FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    I wouldn't say it's my biggest NSV, but today I went down a belt notch.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    I can fit comfortably into my tighter work pants that I was barely squeezing into and could barely breathe in.

I can do 20 squats in a row. Little victories.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Being able to see my whole body in my thin door mirror LMAO

Also.. the first time I went shopping and did not have to hit any rack with an X on it...ya that was pure bliss right there!!!
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Playing in my CYO coaches game. I never played before because I was too big to run full court and couldn't fit into the uniform. This year I played, scored and could get up and down the court better than most except for the college kids. The weirdest thing was not giving a second thought to the uniform, my whole life has been filled with anxiety about fitting into team uniforms. This time with about 500 people watching I just grabbed one off the table put it on over my nike pro combat and off I went . My 4 boys were so excited to see their dad play against the other dads.
  • bads1
    bads1 Posts: 39 Member
    A coworker who I only see about once a month had mistaken me for someone new, and didn't recognize me. 1st time that's happened. Just now!
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    -Being able to walk up the stairs without being in pain and breaking out in a sweat!
    -Getting off my arthritis medicine.
    -looking at my body and not going eck!
    -Feeling better about myself overall!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Making it through an hour long fitness class, plus a mile walk before and after! I used to come home wheezing from the 1/2 mile total walk to and from the grocery store. And my 5 year old asked me to stop walking so much yesterday :)
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    I'm finally starting to see some abs (nowhere near a 6 pack though) instead of the keg I was rockin'
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    A coworker who I only see about once a month had mistaken me for someone new, and didn't recognize me. 1st time that's happened. Just now!

That is really cool!!

The closest thing I've had happen, was awhile ago and not nearly as cool but it still made me smile. Like 5 years ago when I was at my all-time heaviest (307 lb) I worked with this lady whose teenage son would come and help us with a charity volunteering thing once a month. I was there every month with this teenage boy helping me load boxes. I also had grown out my hair long and it was dyed red.

So like a month ago this teenage boy, now maybe 18-19, comes into my current office (different company) and long story short...I was like, "OH you're Carol's son right!? Do you remember working with me at (Event Name)?" He clearly did not remember me AT ALL. I know I've lost 116 lb and cut my hair etc. But I still figured I'm recognizable, and I saw this kid like 10-15 times total. Nope. No clue.

That night his mom writes to me on facebook (we're still in touch) and says her son remembered me later on, but he said, "Mom she's got short hair and she's like regular sized, she is like your size" - def not because his mom's probably a size 6 and I'm a 14. But that was cute and funny I thought!!!
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    I bought smaller yoga pants, a size large instead of XL or XXL!
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    <
    Added a new smaller belt loop this week.

So that's down five total. :drinker:

And it's a TRUE NSV because my scale has not moved for quite a while.
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Went from 42" waist jeans (ugh!) down to 36" waist. Woot, woot!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,371 Member
    put on a pair of jeans this morning - couldn't fasten the top button last Christmas and today had to get a belt to wear them (or have them slip off while I was walking)!
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    All the compliments that I have received this week, I have only lost 1.5 lbs in the last week but EVERYONE is suddenly noticing how thin I am and making such nice comments to me (well, except the one person who told me to go eat a cheeseburger).

Not sure what changed with the tiny 1.5 lb loss, but I must be doing something right (and losing inches?)
  • The day I looked in the mirror and realized my double chin was now single again.
  • ametolie
    ametolie Posts: 13 Member
    No more "plus size" section!
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Wearing Jeans from High school ( 5 years ago) that look way better today then they use to yesssss!
  • SgtBA_Diana
    SgtBA_Diana Posts: 156 Member
    Putting on a pair of skinny jeans that used to fit snugly & now are too loose. Happy happy joy joy moment :happy:
  • soupinthesky
    soupinthesky Posts: 3 Member
    . How long did it take you to lose 40 lb? I am amazed at everyone who stuck with the weight loss long enough to lose over 10 lb. I usually cannot go past 6 weeks of dieting and give into the cravings. I admire your tenacity
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    Being smaller than I was in highschool!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!