Replies

• Marianna05
    Marianna05 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    loving these ideas!
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm going to try some of these for sure!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Ours is
    1 head of cabbage chopped, but not chopped too fine
    1/2 small onion
    Place. In baking dish
    Add enough milk to cover bottom of pan
    Add 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, salt and pepper
    Cover tightly with foil and bake 375 till cabbage is tender.

The cabbage absorbs all the liquid and is DEVINE..
  • esai465
    esai465 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump, thanks for the ideas!
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I boil it with butter and bacon bits. O.M.G!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    my new favorite is roasted cabbage. I slice the head of cabbage in slices about 1 inch thick. spray a cookie sheet with olive oil spray place the slices on the sheet and spray the top of them with the spray and add salt and pepper. I roast it at 350* - 375* for about 20-30 min. I always wait until the outside edges burn a little because that is my favorite part. it is wonderful I am going to have it tonight with ham.
    [/quote
    This. Roasted cabbage is delish and lasts for days tho I use garlic salt on mine with fresh cracked pepper.
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    I love runza's! Basic eastern european meat pie cabbage ground beef onions garlic and paprika stuffed in an ever so slightly sweet dough and baked.... To make it easy buy a pre-made dough of your liking....

I think you're the only person I've actually come in contact with outside of my own family who even knows what a runza is...I love runzas...my mom makes them for me every birthday.
    OMG! Gonna have to make this with ground venison this weekend.
  • jazchlo
    jazchlo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    one of my favorite dishes when i eat at the indian restaurant is a really good curried cabbage!
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love it raw - thinly sliced with grated carrots, thinly sliced red onion and finely diced (serrano if you like heat) peppers. Use seasoned rice wine vinegar for the dressing. No oil - So low in fat - delicious - I use it in wraps or sandwiches or add cooked chicken for my kids - they love it.
  • charmedp326
    Options
    Make Kimchi! It's delish!
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great ideas here. Saving for later!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • OrganicDays
    Options
    Although I don't have my own creative Cabbage recipe to share, I love all of these responses! I do not eat enough Cabbage week-to-week, but I really love the texture + taste. Roasted Cabbage sounds absolutely delicious! I will be making this dish soon, with some of my favorite spices & a dollop of 0% Plain Greek Yogurt.
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try grating it and a tart green apple, tossing with some olive oil and a touch of sesame oil, a few sesame seeds, some crushed garlic and fresh Meyer lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. yum. You can also add chopped (unsalted) almonds or peanuts. I love this, it keeps very well. I can take it for lunch the next day and it is still delicious. You can add other grated veggies like carrots and daikon too.
  • Mangopickle
    Options
    I combined 2 of the recipes on here to good effect. Cooked half a large sweet onion and 5 clove of minced garlic til translucent. Added 1/2 tsp of caraway seeds, 1/2 tsp of paprika, pinch of thyme, 1/2 tsp salt, and several good grinds of pepper. Added 1 1/2 lb of ground venison and browned it. Add 1/3 cup of water and dump in half a chopped head of cabbage, cook til tender. Every body loved it. We served it with leftover Irish soda bread, which is mildly sweet.