Daily vs. Weekly Weigh Ins

Options
2»

Replies

• JaxNole82
    JaxNole82 Posts: 21
    Options
    The scale doesnt always tell the real story. How you look and how your clothes fit are a much better indicators.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    I weigh myself daily because it helps keep me accountable. I log the weight weekly, though. Except for this week. I dropped 3 lbs between Monday and Thursday, so I logged it. :bigsmile: Only because it brought me below 200.

Maybe I should only log once a week... I always log the lowest number that I hit. So every few days I'll show a loss of .8 or .4lbs. Then at the end of the week I'll be discouraged over low numbers and realize that I actually lost a good 2-3lbs that week.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log it daily. I have considered weekly weigh ins but to be honest, I'm too nosy! And I like seeing the trends and fluctuations, it helps me accept that this is going to take time.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily because it helps keep me accountable. I log the weight weekly, though. Except for this week. I dropped 3 lbs between Monday and Thursday, so I logged it. :bigsmile: Only because it brought me below 200.

Maybe I should only log once a week... I always log the lowest number that I hit. So every few days I'll show a loss of .8 or .4lbs. Then at the end of the week I'll be discouraged over low numbers and realize that I actually lost a good 2-3lbs that week.

Once a week is good. I also agree that the scale is a deceiver. That being said, I like to see the numbers I wanna see, ya know?
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you react to the changes. Personally, I weigh every morning, record the weight if it's a new low, and shrug it off if it's not a new low. For me, if I weighed once a week I'd care a lot more about the number -- a daily weigh-in lets me shrug off and keep going. As long as I'm meeting my calorie and exercise targets I don't worry about the ups -- my weight can easily swing five or more pounds during the week.