New to the gym

Options
Please some tips. I just joined a gym and wondering the best routine or routines for beginners.

Replies

• Melissa6392herbalife
    Melissa6392herbalife Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday with my first session today.
    My gym gives you two sessions with a personal trainer and they gave me a list of exercises and weight that worked for me.
    Maybe if you talk to the trainers they can make out a plan for you to follow :)
    This was extremely helpful for me considering I've never worked out at a gym a day in my life
  • jazlaw
    jazlaw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love fitsugar.com. They always have great workouts and several are specific to beginners.
  • jazlaw
    jazlaw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love fitsugar.com. They always have great workouts and several are specific to beginners.
  • re1424
    re1424 Posts: 4
    Options
    I started the couch to 5k app and it's awesome, gradually builds you up until you actually feel like a runner!
  • MEB82209
    MEB82209 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you guys. My gym does have trainers but they are $175 for 2 sessions. I was hoping to avoid that initially. I'm totally checking out that app. Thanks :)
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Please some tips. I just joined a gym and wondering the best routine or routines for beginners.

What are your goals? Many different routines for beginners with or without weights

Stronglifts
    Starting Strength
    NROLFW
    bodybuilding.com

Bodyweight training
    HIIT Training
    Tabata type training