Baby's Due this Week- Then 130 pounds to lose!

Options
Hello,
I am a first time mom, due this week. Over my pregnancy, I have gained 30 pounds, which isn't TERRIBLE, aside from the fact that I started out at 275.
After I have my daughter, I am hoping to begin a weighloss journey to the magic number of 175. I am 5'9, and 24 years old.
About two years ago, I managed to successfully lose almost 50 pounds in four months, with calorie counting and exercise. I gained that all back, plus some, after moving across the country to live with my parents.

I want my daughter to have a healthy, fit mother, and I am looking to build a support system on here.

Also, it would be a huge plus if you knew about diet+breastfeeding. I'm not sure how they'll work together.

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting you all.

- Madeleine

Replies

• Soapfan777
    Options
    Congratulations on being a new mom.

This is a very good site but if you are concerned about that then please consult with your doctor.

Feel free to add me as a friend. This also go to any other poster.
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the soon to be new baby :) I lost the baby weight after both my kids using this site :)
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    one step at the time ... so have the baby and recover ... get the breast feeding established ... see how the baby sleeps and what you end up sleeping

By all means eat healthily and do some gentle exercise when you doctor gives you the all clear, but don't heap too much on yourself right away. As you recover and the baby gets older and starts sleeping more, you can do more, but in the first few weeks you'll find you couldn't care less about yourself and it is all about the baby.

Good luck :flowerforyou: