Opinions and Support needed

Options
So I had joined this site in the summer, did awesome and lost 12 lbs. Well I went thru a very traumatic relationship crisis and had a few other things happened such as deaths, etc. Im not giving any excuses, but I gave up the gym and my tracking and gained my weight back plus 2 lbs.

I decided last week, I need to get back to feeling good no matter what happens in my life. I have this strong motivation and drive inside of me right now. Then I went to the gym again for the first time the other day and they are having a $10,000 contest. What happens is there are 5 age categories and it is separated men and women. And whoever has the most body transformation in terms of weight loss, body fat %, and overall inches lost in 12 weeks wins the money. I feel like this is just the motivation I need.

So I guess I wanted peoples opinion or support for a contest like this and if I am going to do this, I need support support support!!!!!

I have an 8 month old and a 2 year old, and 6 year old, so it wont be easy, and I am still nursing and I am working! So do people think this is too much or do you think I can give 'er and do it.

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Hell, I'd sell a kidney for $10k right now! No way is this too much.

PLUS - use breast feeding to your advantage!!!

And, even if you don't win - think of how jump-started you will be on getting back into this. Once you're in the routine, it's 'easy' to keep up!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I agree with mjtwomail all the way around.

Definitely use the breastfeeding to your advantage. When I quit nursing each of my girls, I gained weight back that I had lost during the pregnancy.

The contest will give you a jumpstart.

Good luck!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!

First off, like mjtwomail suggested...use breastfeeding to your advantage..it REALLY helped me!!

This sounds like JUST the thing to motivate and keep you going! If I were you and I had the opportunity, I would JUMP on it! Again, like mjtwomail stated, if you don't win the $$, you will have MAJORLY jump started your weight loss!

PLEASE take this and run with it!!! 10 grand and a rockin' hot bod!! :glasses:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Go for it! The best thing to happen would be you lose weight and win $10K.

The worst thing would be that you only lose weight.
  • faithisfabulous
    Options
    Seriously I would go for it. Not only do you get the money but you lose the weight. If it was in my city I would do it. And the good thing about it is, you cant lose. You win by gaining the money and u win by losing the weight. GOOD LUCK
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow! You lucky girl! I wish I had a contest like that to motivate me! You can do it!!!

Just imagine what kind of a new wardrobe you can buy with the 10K!!!! :happy: