Protein Powder Suggestions?

Options
I just bought a carton of powdered Muscle Milk and upon closer inspection at home, I realized that I get my 32g from /two/ scoops (350cal) rather than just one, which at a glance I assumed I was buying. Bummer, I was really hoping that for that high of a calorie count I'd be getting more protein... not to mention I did a tid bit of research and a lot of people have been commenting about it not being that really great for you to begin with. I haven't opened the container, so if I can't find anything better I'll be returning it.

Taste is a huge priority of mine, just simple chocolate or vanilla/sweetcream would be fine as long as it's good.

So I'm looking for higher protein, lower calorie, good taste. Any suggestions? Something I could get at the grocery store or GNC? Can't order anything online right now.

Unless you can change my mind about the Muscle Milk, that is. I'm open for discussion. ;D

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    In order of quality:

Whey Natural USA
    Ultra Peptide 2.0 (best tasting IMO and a 50/50 whey/casein mix)
    Optimum Nutrition
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition - vanilla ice cream

Tasty whey protein powder.

Just picked up 15 serving container for $11

110 calories
    10 calories from fat
    1g sugar
    23g protein

I'm not sure if that would be better for you, but the calorie to protein ratio is a bit more reasonable.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've only ever bought the Body Fortress Chocolate. It is $16 at Walmart.
    1 scoop is 30 g protein and 170 calories. I think 7 carbs.
    It is the only kind I've ever seen at a grocery store. It tastes good, but really sweet. I mix it with 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Have to use a hand mixer or shake it violently to mix out all the gritty chunks.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I don't use powders as meal replacements or anything, I normally add them to foods (like smoothies, oatmeal, pancakes, etc.) for that extra "umph" throughout the day so the low calories means a lot. Under 200cal is perfect, actually. You guys rock! I'll do some research on the brands listed!
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    optimum nutrition is pretty much the only one you need
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    optimum nutrition is pretty much the only one you need eBay $50 for 77 servings
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Cellucor or Optimum Nutrition.

The Whole Food's 365 brand isn't too bad, either.
  • cuyunamike
    cuyunamike Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is the best I've found. I order On Amazon to save money.