KILL MY CRAVINGS

Options
what are some things that you guys eat to help kill you cravings and make you seem full. I hear people say they snack throughput the day but those calories add up.

Replies

• Meushichan
    Meushichan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if I am craving a certain food, no matter how I substitute or eat something else of the same flavor, or drink 2 cups of water, or keep myself busy by playing an intense game/ other distraction, it doesn't help. And cravings rarely come when you are actually hungry. So again, eating something else doesn't really seem to help me (or most anyone I've ever talked to).

I have found that when I am craving something, I check my cals/ macros for the day, and then see if it would fit. If so, would I be able to eat anything else that day? Is having a Big Mac, fries and Coke, really worth not being able to eat anything else the rest of the day? Probably not. If so, do it, then just stick with it.

Now if it gets to the point where you are eating one huge junk meal for the whole day on a regular basis, then you may have to look at psychological/ stress reasons as to why you are eating. But that's just my 2 cents.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If I'm just craving something because I'm bored or whatever, I'll chew gum, or brush my teeth, or use mouthwash. Instant appetite killer. But like the last person said, if you're craving something, nothing can really replace it. So if I want it, I'll eat it. I'll just have to exercise more and eat something light for the rest of the day. Totally worth it to me.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I have a calorie allowance set to a level where I have wiggle room to eat what I fancy.

I have a variety of snacks through the day at work, they all fit nicely into my calorie and macro goal.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Well my only cravings really are for sugar, but I'm low carbing. A spoon of coconut oil helps massively when I'm about to reach for the cakes!
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Learn to analyze your cravings. Often times, it will mean that you're missing an essential nutrient or macro. And, don't feel like you have to always deprive yourself of the *naughty* foods/snacks. Factor them in when you're planning your meals/snacks for the day. Allowing yourself to have a treat, now and then, will reduce the cravings and you won't binge when you finally cave in (if you've been depriving yourself of them).
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    BTW... I'm an IIFYMer and just didn't feel like eating much today. I thoroughly cleaned the kitchen this morning and had a huge exercise allowance (for me). Because of this, I just ate an ice cream sandwich... totally guilt-free. And, if it hadn't been the last one in the freezer, I had enough calories/macros left that I could have had a 2nd one... totally guilt-free.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Water and deep breathing. Sometimes your body is craving time to step out of stress and into some time inside, but in our world of stress and moving on, we read that as food hunger.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I have a healthy dose of not thinking about food....