Stalled weight loss!!

Options
I recently had a son (Dec. 27, 2013) and I have been working out and eating very healthy. After delivery I didn't have much of an appetite so I figured the weight would eventually fall off (like it did with my first child). Unfortunately, even with a little appetite, great healthy, eating habits, and tons of water and exercise, I don't see a change on the scale or in the mirror! I'm not sure if it's the whole "starvation mode" thing or my body has been so use to the strict "diet" I have been on since my daughter and while I was pregnant with my son. I rarely drink sodas and I have stopped eating fast food since the delivery of my son. What the heck am I doing wrong?! Am I not eating enough? Because I went on a 1200 calorie diet with my first and had very good results! Why is it not the same this time around mommies???!
-I exercise 4-5 times a week(HIIT Training or brisk walk for 3 miles)*45 mins-1hour
-I eat mostly lean meats and veggies and fruits daily(unless I just don't have an appetite)
-I do indulge in alcohol but I always make sure to Atleast save some of my calories for those nights I want to get my buzz on lol
-I mimic a lot of meals most days so I do not always add them on MFP.
Please help. How can I jump start or trick my body into burning this fat! :(

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight you are not in a deficet.

You may eat the same things a lot but is it the same quanity?

And since you don't log everything I have to think you don't use a food scale.

It's not the types of food you eat that make you gain/maintain weight it is the amount.

You can't trick your body into burning fat...you have to eat at a deficet...and no it's not starvation mode...your body doesn't magically hold on to fat and it would take a while for your metabolism adapt...
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight, no matter how many other technicalities there are - exercise, diet type, etc.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    IF you log ALL your food, eat the recommended calories, only "eat back" about half the calories from exercise, and STILL are not losing, then see a doctor. But as the British TV series, "Secret Eaters," has shown....MOST of the time, when someone *thinks* they're sticking within their calories and getting enough exercise, they usually aren't. Yes, there can be medical conditions, but most of the time, it's as the previous poster said, it's just a matter of calories in and calories burned. There are a lot of posts like yours where people say they're not logging everything, indulging in certain things but think within calories, but still not losing. But often we just dont' realize how many calories are in the BLT's....the Bites, Licks, & Tastes. Hope you can get back on track.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You're underestimating your food &/or overestimating your burns.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • mariah_bah
    mariah_bah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response you guys. It's really hard to eat sometimes due to my lack of appetite and that may be a hindrance for me since I'm never spot on with my recommended calorie amount for the day. I'm going to try really hard to stomach these calories but it gets hard at times especially with a toddler and and an infant. Seems like I never have time to really sit down and eat a decent meal. Thanks again. Hopefully my results will show as soon as I get back on that deficit!