How much weight do I have to lose?

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Gonna break it to you...you wont look like that pic you want to...you aren't built like her...

I don't think you need to lose any weight...you are slim as it is...

Maybe what you need is to change the way your current body looks...
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Check that link out scroll down a bit ....

Start thinking about resistence training...
  • SuperTiredMom
    SuperTiredMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Are all of those pictures you? If your goal picture is not you, there is always the possibility you may never look like that. Not because of your weight, but your body type could be different altogether. I suggest not trying to set another person's body as a goal.

If you want to lose, eating at a calorie deficit is the way to go, if you want to gain muscle and tone, lift weights and do muscle building exercises.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'd shoot for 10lbs using a small calorie deficit and some weight training and you'll be close.
  • rayozzie
    rayozzie Posts: 2
    Options
    What type of body do I have?
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    instead of trying to look like someone else why not learn to love the body you have and work to improve it? You're beautiful, don't compare yourself to anyone else.
  • SuperTiredMom
    Options
    Your body type, I'm not sure, from what I can tell but can't see your shoulders, you look like an hourglass, she is an inverted triangle (also known as the strawberry) which is a fairly uncommon body type.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and guess that you are not really 18. I'd suggest talking to your parents and/or a school counselor, a doctor, or a dietician about proper nutrition and fitness.
  • SuperTiredMom
    Options
    instead of trying to look like someone else why not learn to love the body you have and work to improve it? You're beautiful, don't compare yourself to anyone else.

^^^This
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    What type of body do I have?

I'd say you have an hourglass figure.

You are slim.

Try weight training. These are two great programs to follow for women:

http://www.strongcurves.com

http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/nrol-for-women
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options

QFT. Learn to love yourself, flaws and all, hard to do at a young age, I know. You already look plenty slim, best thing you could do is become more fit by doing some strength training..
  • onlytati
    onlytati Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think you are trying to set an impossible goal for yourself. You already look great! Love the Canada shorts, btw.
    Like mentioned before, you might want to concentrate on weight training, like in Staci's story. Great way to tone without becoming anorexic.
    Also, it looks like you have hips, and she does not. I'm not sure she has hit puberty yet.
  • jthramann
    jthramann Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Gonna break it to you...you wont look like that pic you want to...you aren't built like her...

I don't think you need to lose any weight...you are slim as it is...

Maybe what you need is to change the way your current body looks...
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Check that link out scroll down a bit ....

Start thinking about resistence training...

agreed. your body isnt build like that. But Curves are beautiful, be proud of them! :)
  • Meushichan
    Meushichan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The girl in the "goal" picture has very VERY narrow hip bones. Chances are you will most likely not get that exact shape. But I could see you getting a flatter/ more toned tummy like hers possibly, so I would suggest cardio to reduce your BF% (probably not about the number on the scale at this point since you look to be in the correct BMI/ weight range).
  • em1773
    em1773 Posts: 10
    Options
    To begin, your goal pic looks a bit underweight. As someone recovering from an ED, shooting for something unhealthy is the first step towards falling into the endless pit.

You have a pear figure, meaning that your weight goes to your lower half. I am the same way. Pear figures generally have to be a bit lighter in order to look as skinny, especially in the legs, as other body types.

I would say 10 pounds of fat loss around the hips would be ideal, as a combination of muscle toning and weight loss in that area.