High expectations...

Options
hollymccall
hollymccall Posts: 88 Member
So it's been two weeks since I've smoked. I'm on day three of this sixty day strict diet. I was feeling good about it all until....my sweet husband decided to make home made pizza. How could I just his feelings and refuse to eat it? I feel like I just shoot down my whole day. Which by the way consisted of a 35 minute session of Brazil butt lift, healthy breakfast, healthy lunch, and then a 45 minute power stroll with my son. Then I blow the day by eating pizza.

I have high expectations of myself. I know what I want, so I stopped smoking. I now expect my self to lose my goal weight or very close to it in the next 60 days. How am I ever gonna look good in sexy lingerie if I'm stuffing my face with pizza?

Any one else understand?

Replies

• wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    You can still have the homemade pizza, just in moderation. Fit it into your allotted calories. Don't let this one slip up ruin what you have done so far, tomorrow is a new day!
  • Soapfan777
    Options
    I understand perfectly and I will share my experience. The worst thing that you could do is try and make your life work for a weight loss plan. You have to make a plan work for you. This means no one knows your lifestyle better than you. If the plan is too restrictive then the odds are we aren't going to maintain it in the long run. You have a husband who like to make pizza and that saves you from having to make dinner which is great. Now, your next move is to make time and allocate calories to enjoy it with him without beating yourself up over it. There is nothing wrong with setting high expectations but don't set them too high or unrealistic for your lifestyle. Planning ahead really helps me when doing things like that with my family.
  • hollymccall
    Options
    You can still have the homemade pizza, just in moderation. Fit it into your allotted calories. Don't let this one slip up ruin what you have done so far, tomorrow is a new day!
    Thanks. I was just feeling guilty about sabotaging my day. But you're right, tomorrow is a new day.
  • hollymccall
    Options
    I understand perfectly and I will share my experience. The worst thing that you could do is try and make your life work for a weight loss plan. You have to make a plan work for you. This means no one knows your lifestyle better than you. If the plan is too restrictive then the odds are we aren't going to maintain it in the long run. You have a husband who like to make pizza and that saves you from having to make dinner which is great. Now, your next move is to make time and allocate calories to enjoy it with him without beating yourself up over it. There is nothing wrong with setting high expectations but don't set them too high or unrealistic for your lifestyle. Planning ahead really helps me when doing things like that with my family.
    I see what you're saying. I'm just very determined to stay on track.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    No...i do not understand. You can have pizza still - pizza has the potential to be very healthy, especially home made! 60 days to fit into something sexy is silly - what difference does it make how long it takes you to get to your goal weight? Just know that as long as if you dont totally give up, one day you will get to your goal.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    A life without pizza is not a life I want to live!

Seriously =) Eat the pizza, it's not a terrible food choice. Carbs, fats, protein - pretty good! Just have a side salad instead of a third slice.
  • JaysWays
    JaysWays Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself! You deserve it. If you where eating junk all day and that pizza. Then maybe be a little hard on yourself. No need fitness and eating healthy is a journey. It has its ups and downs. We always make mistakes just dont give up and keep going,. Finish your program! Start a new one! Keep on letting that journey roll on. Good luck to you. If you ever need any advice or motivation feel free to add me.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    eat the pizza. be thankful you have a sweet husband who cares so much about you. tomorrow is a new day.

being on a diet doesn't mean you can't eat pizza.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with pizza. You can eat it, and still lose weight. I eat pizza at least once a week, if not more.
  • Soapfan777
    Options
    Well, how about you burn off those pizza calories a little each day over the next week? It will be you back on track this time next week. You are very disciplined and exercise extremely well. I really don't think pizza once this week will distract you too much.
  • hollymccall
    Options
    No...i do not understand. You can have pizza still - pizza has the potential to be very healthy, especially home made! 60 days to fit into something sexy is silly - what difference does it make how long it takes you to get to your goal weight? Just know that as long as if you dont totally give up, one day you will get to your goal.
    I'm extremely impatient. Lol.
  • hollymccall
    Options
    Well, how about you burn off those pizza calories a little each day over the next week? It will be you back on track this time next week. You are very disciplined and exercise extremely well. I really don't think pizza once this week will distract you too much.
    Good idea.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    You can get to your goal weight and look sexy-it just might take longer than 60 days. It took more than 60 days to put the weight on and it will likely take more than 60 days to take it off.
    Be gentle with yourself. You really are doing great!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You need to change your relationship with food and stop beating yourself up over indulging in pizza, etc .Exercise portion control, be consistent, and you'll be able to make progress without having to eliminate any foods.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Here is a set of video's on basic food information that will help you structure your calories and macros. This goes along with the IIFYM train of thought. Video quality leaves something to be desired, but information is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAvW6xBZjSk&list=PLnPAPdT4m_g_jts_h2xcr2MFzW5uwJ2uP

Cheers!
  • hollymccall
    Options
    Thanks for that link!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I made the homemade pizza on sunday....it was nom nom...huge with tonnes of meat like sausage, bacon etc...

Why can't you eat pizza/??? Mine had 381 calories in each slice...I ate a slice and was full...it fit in my calories.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Homemade pizza sounds healthy to me. Just let hubby know not to surprise you next time - if you know you're having it, you can make everything else fit.
  • Naseer787
    Naseer787 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Homemade pizza sounds healthy to me. Just let hubby know not to surprise you next time -i like the pizza
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Anything can be good in moderation. Bring on the pizza :drinker: