Feeling alone

Options
Hi, I'm nearly 30 and have 90lb to shed.
I'm very shy and always found it hard to join groups or clubs as I'd always be the one hiding (or trying to) at the back.
I'd love to make some friends and maybe have a little support with trying to get rid of my excess baggage.

I'd just really like to meet some people and be able to make my journey a little less difficult and maybe a little more fun

:)

Angela

Replies

• DebbieBiff
    Options
    Hey...you dont have to be alone on here...there are plenty who would love to support you...me for one...please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • meganmarie1992
    meganmarie1992 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela! Congratulations on your choice to make a healthy change! Good thing about the internet is you don't have to hide, so it's a little less intimidating. :) Having support really does help. I just starting using the social networking part of MyFitnessPal and I'm starting to really like it. Let me know if you have any questions or just want to chat.

- Megan
  • struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome you don't have to be along in your weight loss goal we are all in the same boat and the support that we can offer each other is just the best feel free to add me
  • rosieb2014
    Options
    As the others have said you're not alone, all of us have work to do and the support really does make a difference, I also love having a poke around in other peoples diaries to see what they're eating... sometimes to get lunch ideas :)

Feel free to add me, and good luck :)

Rosie
  • Munn0025
    Munn0025 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No need to feel alone! One day at a time! Feel free to add my as a friend.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela,

would love to follow and be part of your journey. You will not be alone on this trip to a healthier you :flowerforyou:
  • LoriA6724
    LoriA6724 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela! We're all here for the same thing. You don't have to be afraid to reach out to others. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • dlpau
    dlpau Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wait. Someone else on mfp from Toowoomba?
  • treycee883
    treycee883 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I would like to be your friend, we can support each other through our journey to fitness. :):smile: :smile:
  • RealRandomSam
    Options
    I feel you, love. You're welcome to add me - no reason to feel alone on your quest for pure awesomeness. :)
  • Lizplus3
    Lizplus3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Do not think that you are the only one who feels this way. I do all of my exercise at home because I do not want people to watch me. I started with yoga so I could start my journey slow and easy, I walk lots! You can do this! We have your back!
  • lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome! No need to feel alone...lots of support out here. Feel free to add me if ya like. I'm just starting out, but having the support of others is key. The more the merrier.

Lisa
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you will like the tools and community you will find here on myfitnesspal (MFP). Sending you a friend request.

This is my second time around here and I cannot tell you the difference having MFP friends has made in my experience and in my results. I have managed to create a network of wonderfully supportive people who offer encouragement, advice, and truth telling. As you read your news feed and forums and see comments from people who seem to have similar goals and values, send them a friend request. Accept every request you receive. I went super stealth underground my first time around and I believe it was to my detriment. This time my motto is , "The more the merrier!"

Welcome, welcome, welcome. Best of luck to you.