Put the scale away for 1 month challenge

Options
I am one of those daily weighers, I know, terrible...but lately I haven't seen a huge difference from day to day or week to week.

Anyone interested in doing a challenge with me? Starting tomorrow....put that scale away! Don't look for 1 month!!! Let's see what kind of big number we will see!

I think I may ask hubby to hide the scale from me, just so I am not tempted.....this also might be a way to push yourself harder and change your outlook on the way you are logging your foods....we all want to see a big number right???? LOL

Replies

• Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I agree. I'll need someone else to put the scale away because I'm a cheater! and yes I weigh daily as well! it's helped me try to stay on track or see I need to step it up the next day!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    good luck. aint no way i could do it, i am still working on going a week without weighing.
  • eorcel
    eorcel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I weigh myself everyday also. I actually enjoyed it when I was losing a pound a day. When my sister and I went out to eat, we split a low calorie meal in half. The next day I was ready to shoot the scale. Literally! I also is tough to weigh yourself every day. But I think I am still not bold enough to check my weight once a month.
  • mmanard1
    Options
    I am in as well - daily weighing serves to depress me :(
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    I am in for it. I will try anything once. heeeeee
  • Lisak22
    Lisak22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I will do my best, but sometimes i find myself weighing like 3 or 4 times aday...i used to hate seeing the number, now, i go crazy if i dont...ugg...i will not weigh myself unitl 1/15....:angry:
  • aligirl32766
    Options
    If I weigh too much I get totally obsessed with the numbers. I've been on a plateau for a while now, so I'm in. It sure can't hurt.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ok, so how bout this then....I will make a chart of everyones names who joins this challenge. We can report to the group on how well we are doing from time to time. If we cheat on accident...there will be work to be done, such as....100 jumping jacks or climbing 10 flights of stairs or something....

If anyone else has any ideas let me know....
  • Corazon84
    Options
    This is a very strong thing to do. But I will try it. Hope to see a big number on 1/15.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I would, but I only weigh twice a week, and I weigh my kids on the Wii Fit at the same time.

But good luck to all of you joining the challenge!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. That's a sure fire way for me to gain weight, especially during the holidays.

I wish you the best.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in almost 4 weeks and I definately see the value. You stop relying on the scale and start realizing that you can see and feel the changes. When you eventually weigh again you get the big numbers instead of the small stuff!
  • cjusticeg
    cjusticeg Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i am a weekly weigh-er. I couldn't go a month,lol.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Great challenge especially this time of the year! I am totally obsessed with the scale, as I am a daily weigher as well, and with that perfect number. This will be a tough one for me, but I am in.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Alright, reformed daily weigher here. I'm down. I'm weighing just once a week currently but, i have to make my husband hide it. I'm down to play! I won't use it again till 1-15-11! It's gonna be hard but, i need it. I just bought some new work pants that fit, and that made me feel good so, no need for that silly thing. :)
  • samantt
    Options
    Hi im in too completely obsessed 3-4times a day and its doing my head in will have to get hubby to hide it just entered my weight today so from nw till 16jan goodbye my friend and enemy the SCALES!:sad:
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    that's scary. I also used to weigh in daily and that was playing with my head way too much. So I worked hard not to do this n e more. I only weigh 2x's a week now. Monday and a Wednesday. Good luck with your challenge, can't wait to hear how it turns out for you all!! Best of luck to you all!!!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Good job to you guys! I had my husband hide my scale yesterday, my next goal date is Christas (but we won't be home that day) so he's giving it back to me Christmas Eve morning so I can see if I hit my 174 goal (which should be no problem) and then I'll have him put it away again for 9 days until my birthday I think :) I'm terrible about weighing in a few times a day so having him take it away for a week at a time is helpful but I can't do a whole month :) Maybe next time!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1-2 x a week weigher!! I want to know what I weigh by the end of the year. Bad time for me to go for 30 days. This time last year is when I realized I had to do something. Of course it took me 3 more months before I made the changes ! Do well everyone on this challange!!
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in with everyone! How is it going? I'm doing good so far and I have also bought a digital food scale and upped my exercises.

I'm really determined!!! :happy: