In need of fat!

Options
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on high fat-low calorie snacks? I am not getting enough fat in my diet, but don't want to go over calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are ok with this but you really do need to open up your diary for people to help you when you have issues like this.

Good luck.
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    not sure high fat and low calories exist together in the same food, it would be wonderful if they did :) I eat 10-20g of coconut oil a day, i mix it with a variety of dishes and i always account for it my calorie intake.

let me know if you find a high fat/low cal food though ;)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Avocado.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Well, I was just asking for snacks with high fat and low calories. Why would you need to see what else I eat in order to answer that question?
  • kk_140
    Options
    Oooh! Avacado is a good one! I could get my fat grams up by adding that to a dish easily! Thanks!
  • andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    Options
    Fat has almost twice the calories as carbohydrates, so finding a low-calorie one is going to be difficult. Sticking with the ones that are liquid at room temperature is safest, as they aren't composed of saturated fats. I use olive oil a lot.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    High fat/ low cal will be impossible but definitely add it and make allowances for it.

Add oils to salads and in cooking.
    Avacados, nuts, eggs, milk, butter, meat, oily fish and nut butters are all good sources.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Nuts, seeds, oils, full fat dairy, butter... these have lots of good fat. If I have room for fat at the end of the day, I like cheese or very dark chocolate.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Well, I was just asking for snacks with high fat and low calories. Why would you need to see what else I eat in order to answer that question?

Apple and peanut butter, hummus and pepper or strawberries and Nutella :)
  • kk_140
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much! Just realized this morning that I've been averaging about 10 grams of fat a day for months! I need to work on this big time! I'll definitely be working some of these options into my daily diet!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Fat has more calories per gram than the other macros so you're not going to find foods that are high fat but low calories. However I'd recommend making room in your calories for it because it's important to your health.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Nuts are high in good fat and calories are okish
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you are looking for things where fat is the dominant macro? At least that way you can add it in to your food wihout impacting your other macros much and you can control the calories by the amount you eat. Some suggestions that come to mind are:

Olive oil
    Butter
    Macadamia nuts
    Heavy cream
    Cream Cheese
    Mayo
    Hollondaise Sauce

Hope that helps.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Planters Nutrition Healthy Heart Mix (basicallyanything in the nut family)
    Cocunut Oil
    Olive Oil
    mayo
    butter

P.S. Holla @ the peeps in H-Town!
  • kk_140
    Options
    Fat has more calories per gram than the other macros so you're not going to find foods that are high fat but low calories. However I'd recommend making room in your calories for it because it's important to your health.

Definitely! I just hadn't been paying much attention to how many grams of anything I have been taking in. Then I mentioned being light headed at the gym and someone said I may not be getting enough fat or carbs and I should check it out. I definitely need to fit more fat in!
  • ubermofish
    ubermofish Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of oil or cream cheese based "fat bombs" out there, here are a couple of my favorites (I do LCHF so my fat macros are always supposed to be high).

Peanut butter cups
    http://dietketo.com/keto-food/fat-bombs/

Vanilla cheesecake mousse (this is even better if you crush up some cinnamon roast almonds and line the bottom of your container with them)
    http://www.djfoodie.com/Vanilla-Candy