herbalife

Options

Replies

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Maybe not in this one in particular but in plenty of other posts.

So you're pre-accusing us of attacking others. This brings the shakebot threads to a whole new level lol

I'm just saying that in general people could be nicer when it comes to answering these types of questions. Do you not agree with that statement?

No, I don't agree with it. I prefer the direct approach without the bull****. Stop worrying about feelings. Stop telling people what they want to hear. Tell them straight up what the truth is.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    3182014055581.gif
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Full Disclosure: I'm a Beachbody Coach so I obviously haven't tried Herbalife. I'm just amazed at all the hateful comments all over the message boards. If someone wants to use Herbalife, Shakeology, Slim Fast, T25, Jillian Michaels, whatever the heck it may be why do people feel the need to put that person or any other person down. If you wanna argue that they're all worthless then go for it but can't you at least do it politely and maybe throw in some actual advice then? She asked for advice, not a bunch of nasty comments.

I honestly don't care if people think they're horrible products but it just bothers me to see so much hate in a place that's supposed to be supportive. People come here to ask questions and they don't need you telling them they're stupid. Think before you post. No one likes a bully.

I love how offended the sales people get.

If I said I hated asparagus would anyone think I was being a bully? If I don't like brussel sprouts am I hurting someone's feelings?

No. You just take it personally because you and the other sales people are attempting to use members here to supplement your income. It's deceitful, underhanded, and against the policy of MFP.

I will continue to advise anyone who'll listen that they don't need your magic meal replacement shakes to lose weight. They're overpriced and not part of a sustainable weightloss plan. Hell isn't Herbalife under investigation right now?

I'm trying to help people. You're trying to sell them something.

Thanks! You're always a point of sanity n reason here.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Full Disclosure: I'm a Beachbody Coach so I obviously haven't tried Herbalife. I'm just amazed at all the hateful comments all over the message boards. If someone wants to use Herbalife, Shakeology, Slim Fast, T25, Jillian Michaels, whatever the heck it may be why do people feel the need to put that person or any other person down. If you wanna argue that they're all worthless then go for it but can't you at least do it politely and maybe throw in some actual advice then? She asked for advice, not a bunch of nasty comments.

I honestly don't care if people think they're horrible products but it just bothers me to see so much hate in a place that's supposed to be supportive. People come here to ask questions and they don't need you telling them they're stupid. Think before you post. No one likes a bully.

Could you please be careful about throwing around the word "bully"? I know it's the trendy thing to do but I have a nephew who is being bullied to the point where my sister and brother-in-law will probably pull him out of his school and put him in a private school. He's also receiving counseling for the hurt that the bullies have caused him and corrective action is being taken against the bullies.

I don't see anything here that is 1/1,000,000th of that.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

Could you please be careful about throwing around the word "bully"? I know it's the trendy thing to do but I have a nephew who is being bullied to the point where my sister and brother-in-law will probably pull him out of his school and put him in a private school. He's also receiving counseling for the hurt that the bullies have caused him and corrective action is being taken against the bullies.

I don't see anything here that is 1/1,000,000th of that.

Its OK, I don't think anyone thinks for one second that these people are being bullied in the true sense of the word, they are just butthurt because we aint buying what they are selling.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

I love how offended the sales people get.

If I said I hated asparagus would anyone think I was being a bully? If I don't like brussel sprouts am I hurting someone's feelings?

No. You just take it personally because you and the other sales people are attempting to use members here to supplement your income. It's deceitful, underhanded, and against the policy of MFP.

I will continue to advise anyone who'll listen that they don't need your magic meal replacement shakes to lose weight. They're overpriced and not part of a sustainable weightloss plan. Hell isn't Herbalife under investigation right now?

I'm trying to help people. You're trying to sell them something.

applause-gif.gif
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Maybe not in this one in particular but in plenty of other posts.

So you're pre-accusing us of attacking others. This brings the shakebot threads to a whole new level lol

I'm just saying that in general people could be nicer when it comes to answering these types of questions. Do you not agree with that statement?

I believe in being honest and straightforward. I think that people get very defensive, and it's because they are seeing their MLM pyramid scam get publically debunked :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mk46ietEJv1rijbg1o1_500.gif
  • emkrysiak
    emkrysiak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We all have differing opinions. To each their own. I would never slam anyone for doing what works for them. I'm currently following the herbalife plan because it works. I needed to get going by eating breakfast, which I'm not big on so the shake is perfect. I eat healthy snacks throughout the day, such as almonds, a hard boiled egg, fruit or veges, sometimes a small wrap with turkey breast. I'm on the C meal plan so I have alot of calories to fill in a day because I have alot of weight to loose. I have my 2nd shake for lunch and then eat a heathy dinner. I work 2nd shift so I eat alot of my "snacks" at work to keep me going. If someone wants to slam me for finding a way to eat healthy by using shakes, vs only eating maybe 1 1/2 meals a day which is what I was doing before, so be it. I don't care. I was big on ordering out at work, so even spending the money for the shakes I'm still saving. I truly believe this all is helping me learn to eat healthy and once I lose the weight I'll need to keep eating healthy. I'll probably still do 1 shake in the morning. If you google herbalife shake recipes there's a ton of ones out there to make it interesting. So, let's keep in touch via messages or whatever to support each other! Best of luck!
  • emkrysiak
    emkrysiak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yeah, anxious annie that i am i now see you want to gain weight. same thing applies, i think healthy eating with the ADDITION of herbalife shakes is a very healthy way to go! a girl i work with used the shakes as a supplement when she was going thru chemo.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Never touch bull****e pretend food and you'll be ok.

Additional shakes my butt. Get real!!!!!!!!!!!! What a load of .. why eat powdered crap? Eat food. Eat less calories then you burn it's simple.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I'm interested but it is a pyramid scheme and really expensive.

I deplore pyramid schemes.

I do like the Yogi and other herbal teas that promote weight loss.

I truly believe in Yogi and Traditional Medicinals.

I'm drinking Caramel Apple Spice Slim Life with Stevia right now!

I can vouch that these are blended by a legit herbalist and are very holistic, not just a bunch of caffeine or green tea extract.

And we're talking $3-4 at a local health food store. No memberships, no pyramid bull****, no parties or sales reps.

I use protein from Sam's but ONLY when I lift and it's for recovery (or I gain weight).

Good luck.
  • jshute71
    jshute71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Amen and a bump to that!!!:drinker: TGIF!!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    If you're the type of person who NEEDS to spend money on a "plan" or "program" in order to feel properly motivated - well, I guess then you're the reason Herbalife and Beach Body are still in business.

I quite agree on Herbalife, but I suspect a large part of Beach Body's success is they make some exceptionally good workouts. I know they like to push their overpriced supplements, but that doesn't detract from the fact that Insanity is a great product.
  • alecno
    alecno Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Relevant to those considering this brand. Last week, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) announced an investigation into Herbalife as a pyramid scheme.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/18/5521402/secret-pyramid-files-what-does-the-ftc-want-from-herbalife

Look at the one-month view for their stock:

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:HLF&ei=RWosU5BOjKmyB4D_AQ
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    in to read later

^ this
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Im so amazed at these cinna bun waffles LOL I soooo want one!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm interested but it is a pyramid scheme and really expensive.

I deplore pyramid schemes.

I do like the Yogi and other herbal teas that promote weight loss.

I truly believe in Yogi and Traditional Medicinals.

I'm drinking Caramel Apple Spice Slim Life with Stevia right now!

I can vouch that these are blended by a legit herbalist and are very holistic, not just a bunch of caffeine or green tea extract.

And we're talking $3-4 at a local health food store. No memberships, no pyramid bull****, no parties or sales reps.

I use protein from Sam's but ONLY when I lift and it's for recovery (or I gain weight).

Good luck.

I see.

However, this is the "gaining weight" forum, you know, with hints and tips on how to like, totally gain weight - thats like, the opposite of lose weight.

See?
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    If I weren't already having too much fun in another thread I'd help out in this one, but tagging to read later.

Rigger
  • soaringlikeaneagle70
    soaringlikeaneagle70 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I went on herbalife and i lost a heap of weight. I also did a lot of walking. The only thing is, once you go back to eating normally you put all the weight back on plus more.