Asparagus

Options
bmkxox
bmkxox Posts: 27 Member
I've recently tried asparagus and I really like it! How do you prepare your asparagus?

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Brush with olive oil, salt, pepper and throw them on the girl for a few minutes...
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Everything tastes better when you throw em on a girl :devil:

Edit: asparagus soup is delightful, and a good way to make use of the woody ends!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    bacon lard- S/P + garlic salt.

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM
  • Jes6886
    Jes6886 Posts: 15
    Options
    You can even bake it! the same was as on the "girl" just throw it in the oven, i also put a little bit of Parmesan cheese on mine as well!!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wrap three or four spears in a rasher of bacon and BBQ or grill :-)
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Sautee them in olive oil or just plain steam them in the micro when in a hurry. They are fabulous wrapped in proscuito (spelling?), sprinkled with a bit of parm cheese and baked, but we typically only do this for a fancier meal or a holiday. I like them in pasta salads as well.
  • ericarfloyd
    ericarfloyd Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sautee them in olive oil or just plain steam them in the micro when in a hurry. They are fabulous wrapped in proscuito (spelling?), sprinkled with a bit of parm cheese and baked, but we typically only do this for a fancier meal or a holiday. I like them in pasta salads as well.

This is my favorite way to make them too!!! FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Brush with olive oil, salt, pepper and throw them on the girl for a few minutes...

YES. Or, if I'm inside and cooking chicken/pork in a skillet, I will saute the gus in all the yummy bits leftover from the meat. Amazing!
  • ericarfloyd
    ericarfloyd Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just found this yesterday . . .haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy too - found it on Greatist.com website.

Pesto Quinoa Salad
    What You’ll Need:
    1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
    1 cup low sodium vegetable stock (or water!)
    7 thin stalks asparagus, sliced diagonally into bite-sized pieces
    1/4 cup diced red onion
    1/2 cup diced sweet bell peppers (any color)
    1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
    5 artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and halved (or quartered if larger)
    1 tablespoon chopped parsley (plus additional to garnish, if desired)
    1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
    1 teaspoon pesto
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
    What to Do:
    1. In a small saucepan, cook the quinoa in the vegetable stock over medium heat, covered, for 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
    2. Immediately after removing the saucepan from the stove, add the chopped asparagus and cover. Allow the asparagus to steam lightly inside the pot with the quinoa for 5 minutes.
    3. Meanwhile, prepare all other veggies and herbs. Toss them together in a large bowl.
    4. In a smaller bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar with pesto until smooth. Pour it into the large bowl of veggies, along with the chickpeas, quinoa, and asparagus. Stir to coat and season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
    5. Serve the salad warm or cold. Enjoy it immediately, or store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
  • bmkxox
    Options
    yum yum yum im so excited thanks for the responses everyone!
  • bmkxox
    Options

I don't have a girl to throw them on. Lol
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Great in pasta primavera!

Boil your favorite noodles (we like penne), roast your favorite Eye-talian style veggies (summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, ASPARAGUS, garlic, onion, whatever) in some oil and vinegar.

Mix the noodles and veggies, stir with some parmesan, bake a few minutes longer, BLAMMO!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Soy sauce is good too!
  • dlb44266
    dlb44266 Posts: 1
    Options
    You can also spray a pan with olive oil spray. Wash and dry your asparagus and snap off the ends. Fry over med high heat until slightly soft. Salt or garlic salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy.
  • seidel1325
    seidel1325 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Spray my foreman grill with PAM, add asparagus, sprinkle with garlic salt. Cook ten minutes.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Wrapped in prosciutto.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Steamed (to tender crisp) with a little salt. Perfect.
  • bmkxox
    Options
    Great in pasta primavera!

Boil your favorite noodles (we like penne), roast your favorite Eye-talian style veggies (summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, ASPARAGUS, garlic, onion, whatever) in some oil and vinegar.

Mix the noodles and veggies, stir with some parmesan, bake a few minutes longer, BLAMMO!

ooh im gonna have to try this! Thanks!
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm so boring, i just roast or steam it, so gonna try some of these ideas ????
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    when the season starts and i can get local picked that morning stuff i will just eat it raw it's too good to do anything to it. otherwise the Oil grill thing, or lightly steamed with a flavoured butter