Feeling like I GAINED weight

Options
Ok..so I've been carb cycling for some time but cheating with wine and higher fat foods, etc. I'm limited right now with what I can do for exercise because of a back issue. I started Chris Powell's plan on Monday. I'm struggling to meet the one gallon water per day, but yesterday I did manage to get it in. I've been following the food part really well but have struggled to meet the calorie requirement. I do my physical therapy exercises and the strength exercises he recommends.

I had my b/f take the scale away because I was obsessed with it and I only want to weight myself on Saturday mornings. But yesterday and today I just feel like I've put on weight. I keep my sodium in check and do not eat packaged foods as I'm going gluten free as well. I suppose it could be all of the water from yesterday. I know once I am able to get moving more it should be better.

Tomorrow is my "cheat day" so I'm nervous about that too. I just really want this weight off...I gained it from quitting smoking. I know that is a positive thing but this is sticking to me like glue!

Any support is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If you feel that way, then having a cheat day tomorrow may not be the best idea. Naturally (well, I'd imagine, anyway) you are going to feel a bit heavier after a cheat day, and that on top of the heaviness you're currently feeling may not be good for your motivation.

Other than that, you'll want to do the usual: Weigh your foods, account for water weight fluctuation (considering you drank 1gal of water and that's ~8 pounds in itself, unless you've been peeing like crazy)

Congratulations on quitting smoking and starting a weight loss journey! Those are two massive milestones. You can do it! I remember when I quit smoking I gained about 10 pounds. Become addicted to health instead of destroying it. Good luck!!!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    How about you forget the carb cycling, gluten free or whatever else is seriously restricting your options and making hard for you to stick to the plan, and then just simply count calories, planning treats to fit the overall calorie goal, instead of having cheat days? "Magic" diets rarely work on the logn run.
  • only1bones
    only1bones Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably the water. I guess the scale will tell me tomorrow! Thanks for the reply
  • only1bones
    only1bones Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How about you forget the carb cycling, gluten free or whatever else is seriously restricting your options and making hard for you to stick to the plan, and then just simply count calories, planning treats to fit the overall calorie goal, instead of having cheat days? "Magic" diets rarely work on the logn run.

I'm doing gluten free because it upsets my stomach. It's easy for me to stick to my plan because it's actually not a magic diet. It's just the water I'm not used to. I've been counting my calories and staying within the guidelines. It seems to have worked for a lot of people and eating lots of veggies can't be bad for me. Thanks.