Carrots!

Options
I wish I liked the taste of carrots more. They are easy to find year round and easy to take to work .. My problem is I always want to dip them into dressing!! LoL

What's the food that you wished you liked to eat, but just dont?

Replies

• Roxstar77
    Roxstar77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mine is fish....I hate fish, unless of course it's beer battered and deep fried LOL But, I just really don't like it. I've tried different fish, and different recipes, and I just can't do it. And of course, all the healthiest recipes call for it.

I blame mine on coming from a landlocked province where it's all about the beef....mmmmm......steak.....
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Oranges. It's the texture.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Mine is fish....I hate fish, unless of course it's beer battered and deep fried LOL But, I just really don't like it. I've tried different fish, and different recipes, and I just can't do it. And of course, all the healthiest recipes call for it.

I blame mine on coming from a landlocked province where it's all about the beef....mmmmm......steak.....

^^^THIS^^^
  • BeautifulChaos27
    Options
    I can't pinpoint any food really. I used to be a REALLYY picky eater. Still kind of am, but I've made loads of improvement. I've recently found that things I would spit back out before I'm actually begging to get more of! lol

In short : I'm more willing to try things, and I haven't found that one "I can't" food yet. Though last time I tried plain celery (even with peanut butter/dressing) it made me almost throw up. o_O But in soup it's okay... maybe I just can't eat it uncooked... okay ramble over now. ^_^
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts. I've tried cooking them several different ways and just can't stand them. Thankfully Hubs has the same opinion so it's no biggee. My brother on the other hand loves them so he has a ball teasing me about them, trying to get me to eat them or let him add them to dishes when he's cooking. Gross!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    tomatoes, mushrooms and avocados. I want to love them but they make me wretch. le sigh.
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options

SAME here! And probably for the same reason... we don't get too much fresh seafood here in Oklahoma, unless it's catfish from the lake. lol People loooove their fried catfish here - but, I can't stand it. The only kind of seafood type thing I like is popcorn shrimp that has enough fried breading on it to cancel out the shrimpy taste! lol Which of course, isn't healthy. lol
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts. I've tried cooking them several different ways and just can't stand them. Thankfully Hubs has the same opinion so it's no biggee. My brother on the other hand loves them so he has a ball teasing me about them, trying to get me to eat them or let him add them to dishes when he's cooking. Gross!

Honestly, I really like brussel sprouts! If you can get past the foot odor smell (most people can't do this and I don't blame them to be perfectly honest)! Personally, I have no idea how I got past the smell .. How do you feel the urge to eat something that smells like dirty feet? LOL
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Most veggies.. and avocados.. I always hear how great they are for you, but I can't even stand the smell of them..
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    Oranges. It's the texture.

Wow! Never heard this one before :) Do you drink orange juice though?
  • DWW529
    DWW529 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would love it if I liked bananas and hard boild eggs. Easy to pack, nutrient rich. I've been able to force myself to tolorate them if needed, but it would be easier if I loved them.
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    I can't help but giggle at the non-fish eaters :) Not because I'm judging you, but because I love my fish .. especially a nice piece of salmon on the BBQ, yum!!

And does this mean you don't eat canned tuna also? Just curious!
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    I would love it if I liked bananas and hard boild eggs. Easy to pack, nutrient rich. I've been able to force myself to tolorate them if needed, but it would be easier if I loved them.

Oh no! The two things I love the MOST!! And you're right they are SO easy!! I used to boil a pot of 5 eggs for the week and bring them for breakfast every morning - perfect with a piece of toast and kept you nice and full until lunch!

I love a banana too .. but I like them as they JUST turn yellow (maybe even a little on the geen side). I've always liked my fruit firmer...
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Spinach and brocolli. I hate the taste of spinach and can only take the taste of brocolli if it is in a stirfry. Never raw!
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    Agree with celery
    Also dried fruit, it looks nice and healthy , like it would be a nice sweet treat, but the texture is just too chewy for me and it just really doesn't taste that nice
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    Honestly, I really like brussel sprouts! If you can get past the foot odor smell (most people can't do this and I don't blame them to be perfectly honest)! Personally, I have no idea how I got past the smell .. How do you feel the urge to eat something that smells like dirty feet? LOL

I actually like the smell of brussel sprouts cooking LOL xD
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Seafood (and, I guess, lakefood too). All of it. If it lived in the water I don't even want to be at the same table as someone eating it. But I wish I liked it because chicken gets fairly boring after a while.

Also avocado because everyone seems to get so excited about them. I wish I could join in the party, lol!
  • jadelucywatson1
    jadelucywatson1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Chicken! I like other kinds of poultry, but I hate chicken. Not sure why! It's annoying because it seems like such a staple food for most people and many healthy meals revolve around it.

Other pet hates are celery- I can't handle it unless it's covered in hummus. The stringy texture just BLEGH! And cauliflower is the food of the devil, seriously gross.
  • sammer825
    sammer825 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    avocados! I HATE THEM! ive tried to eat them so many times, different ways, i just cant get past the texture of them. once, i even tried to bake an egg in it. boy that was a mistake. :sick:
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! I've tried every preparation method known to man, and I hate it! I WANT to like it, because it's so nutritious, cheap and easy. But I just can't force it down. Yuck:(