159cm/5'2 girls maintenance cal?

Options

Replies

• jezebellela
    jezebellela Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm also close to these stats. I am 5'3 actually probably more like 5'4 and I weigh 102lbs. I have a small frame and don't track my food intake, but I do get on the scale and it is constantly fluctuating up & down 4lbs. Don't know how to get it to not move, but maybe I need to track food now. I also get into modes of unhealthy eating. Chocolate is my weakness.
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm also close to these stats. I am 5'3 actually probably more like 5'4 and I weigh 102lbs. I have a small frame and don't track my food intake, but I do get on the scale and it is constantly fluctuating up & down 4lbs. Don't know how to get it to not move, but maybe I need to track food now. I also get into modes of unhealthy eating. Chocolate is my weakness.

Weight may fluctuate due to your sodium intake. High sodium intake will cause water retention.
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Seeing this thread is kind of sad for me. :cry:

I am 5'2 and 160 lbs and currently eating around 1560 calories a day (not eating back exercise calories). Aiming to drop 1 lb a week (hasn't really worked for the past 2 weeks though).

I do cardio 3-4 times a week and lift heavy 3 times a week and I have a sedentary job.

I was really hoping that I could up my calories at some point because I REALLY love to eat! But from the looks of it, most of us shorties are just stuck having to eat on the lower end.
  • Wingg_
    Options

I am 5'2 and 160 lbs and currently eating around 1560 calories a day (not eating back exercise calories). Aiming to drop 1 lb a week (hasn't really worked for the past 2 weeks though).

I do cardio 3-4 times a week and lift heavy 3 times a week and I have a sedentary job.

I was really hoping that I could up my calories at some point because I REALLY love to eat! But from the looks of it, most of us shorties are just stuck having to eat on the lower end.

How I wish I was tall!
  • jezebellela
    jezebellela Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are right about the sodium. Love salty stuff.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

If you are losing a pound a week at 1560 presumably you would maintain at 2060. It woluld go down some as you lose more weight, but I don't think that is that low...

I think this thread is showing that there are plenty of options for petite women. I'm 5'2 and currently 124. I said I was going to move to maintenance at 125 but I think I'll keep my calories where they are at for a few more weeks to give myself a buffer. MFP says my maintenance calories are about 1900 net, and that seems about right. I have my goal set at a little less than 1700 and I've been losing about a half pound a week. Keep in mind those are net calories, my FitBit says I burn b/w 2100-2300 cal/day and so I eat back the adjustment I get on MFP, so I am usually eating 1900-2100 cal/day and still losing.
  • jadelucywatson1
    jadelucywatson1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

How I wish I was tall!

I know right! I'm 5"0 and I find if I eat more than 1500 a day for a week or more I start gaining again. I'm still loosing for now but not really looking forward to working out the maintinance level. Worried it still might not be very much. But the whole idea of logging every day for me is to make a healthy lifestyle change, and if that means recognising that I don't need to eat as much as I used to then that's okay :)
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options

How I wish I was tall!

Wish I could have more calories too. I was overweight by 25 - 30 lbs the last 6 years. With my height and frame, I looked so fat! But with MFP, I lost almost 20 lbs since Sept 2013. I never want to go back. I would rather be THIN and HEALTHY! I'm 5'2" and currently at 122 lbs. Would love to lose a few more pounds. Currently at 1229-1350 calories/day.
  • zombiewithtea
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 34 and between 129 and 133 lbs. I'm "maintaining" on around 2100-2300 calories a day. I run between 5-8 miles 6 days a week and use kettlebells 4 days a week.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    You are right about the sodium. Love salty stuff.

You can drink more water to reduce water retention~
  • Wingg_
    Options

How I wish I was tall!

I know right! I'm 5"0 and I find if I eat more than 1500 a day for a week or more I start gaining again. I'm still loosing for now but not really looking forward to working out the maintinance level. Worried it still might not be very much. But the whole idea of logging every day for me is to make a healthy lifestyle change, and if that means recognising that I don't need to eat as much as I used to then that's okay :)

At 1500 cal you will start to gain? Are you exercising?
  • Wingg_
    Options

How I wish I was tall!

Wish I could have more calories too. I was overweight by 25 - 30 lbs the last 6 years. With my height and frame, I looked so fat! But with MFP, I lost almost 20 lbs since Sept 2013. I never want to go back. I would rather be THIN and HEALTHY! I'm 5'2" and currently at 122 lbs. Would love to lose a few more pounds. Currently at 1229-1350 calories/day.

Congratulations! Great to hear about your success! I've lost around 20kg in 1year ++ , I'm sure you'll be able to reach your goal in no time and maintain it well!
  • Wingg_
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 34 and between 129 and 133 lbs. I'm "maintaining" on around 2100-2300 calories a day. I run between 5-8 miles 6 days a week and use kettlebells 4 days a week.

Seems like exercising is the only way that short girls are able to eat more!.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I WAS maintaining at 112 lbs, but started a regain. Now I am at 127, and I maintain at 1600 and lose at 1300. Actually I am thinking I may need to go even lower to lose as I seem to be hovering instead of really losing. But I pretty much see a gain if I eat over 1600. And that is including exercise. I no longer log exercise separately and eat back. I spread it over the week instead. Otherwise I would be really hungry on rest days.

I think it is not height that is the problem per se. It is the fact that shorter people have to weigh less to be slim.

And yes it sucks.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    5'2
    120 lbs
    Maintaining between 1400-1500 averaged out
    (Less on week days & more on weekends)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" , 25 year old mom, 114lbs. I'm currently at maintenance & eat around 1500-1600 calories sedentary (got stitches in hand a few days ago so not really working out).
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    5'3 120lb desk job, I'm still losing on 1400 on rest days and 1600-1800 on workout days, I workout 3-4 times a week.
  • fulcrumum
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and now 121 ish pounds. I was 111 last year and hope to go down to 108-110 by July, but that's a long shot! I need to start eating more calories. I would say my average calorie is between 900-1200. It rarely goes over 1000 calories. I live a sedentary life from working and am trying to change that. I was so active and full of life last year lol, what went wrong?
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

How I wish I was tall!

I'm right with ya sister!! I'm 5'0 and if I eat more than 1500 I gain!!! And to continually lose, I can only eat 1150. At 1200 or above I maintain. And I've been exercising hard since Jan 1st. I wear my bodymedia and only if it says I've burned 2500 calories in the day, is when I can eat more than about 1300. Very frustrating.
  • MyRummyHens
    MyRummyHens Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 154cm, tiny framed and 96-98lb and I am wanting to maintain my weight but track my macros and I can't seem to work out what my intake needs to be to do that. I think I'm probably slap bang between 'slightly active' and 'active' which averages out at 1660 calories on MFP, yet when I go onto scooby it tells me I need more like 1880 calories per day. That's quite a massive swing between the two. I guess I need to start low and work out what suits.

It's hard being petite and having to get so clever with both calories and portion sizes.