12346»

Replies

• jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    1250 with 500 exercise
  • Sheena350
    Options
    ive lost 3 stone 05 within 4 months 2 weeks I eat 1200 cals a day and do cardio strength fitness proberly 5 2 6 days a week plus walk fast with my dog most nights but not sure if 2 put my cals up may b 200 more cause I don't want 2 b stuck when I only av 23 pounds 2 get 2 my ideal & safe&healthy lifestyle
  • Sheena350
    Options
    1200 cals a day is eating well and very full cant eat no more my tummy wouldn't be able to I feel on top of the world cause I no im getting very close to my goal im scared to put cals up cause Im not going back to the body I waz in b 4 I lost all this fat
  • britkneemeyer
    britkneemeyer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started out at i think 1500 a day and as i lost mfp took me lower. I'm 5'9 and 150 pounds. I'm close to done losing and now i just kind of wing it. I usually end up between 1400-1700 and if i'm having a day where i feel extra hungry i'll eat at maintenance which is 1850. I eat some of my exercise calories back but i don't force myself to eat all of them if i'm not hungry. i've gone from a size 12/14 pant to a size 6 in a year but i've been relaxed about it.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    1200 calories or less a day with no exercise. I've lost 22 pounds in 2 months.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    When I was maintaining for the last 6 months, I wasn't logging. But I was probably averaging 1600-1800 calories a day. Sometimes more. I wasn't exercising.

Now that I am wanting to lose a little more and tone up..I am at 1350 plus about half of my exercise calories.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, weigh 160.5, and eat around 2,220 calories a day.
  • MsDillieBar
    MsDillieBar Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    5' 9", started at 252 pounds. I eat 1600-1900 calories a day. Down 11 pounds. Desk job, no exercise. TDEE gives:

Your BMR is:1810
    TDEE is:2172

Gives me a 200-500 deficit a day.

Good question IMO...I'm always curious to see what works for others. I tried 1200, couldn't do it. Hungry, cranky, tired, food obsessed. Happier now!

Same here! Tried a strict set caloric goal. Didn't work for me!

When setting my goals, I used sedentary as my activity level. My weight loss plan at 1lb per week. I use a Fitbit and hrm (what can I say I'm a gadget girl). My mfp daily calorie goal is 1390 NET. What I actually eat each day depends completely on how active I am. I DO eat back a big chunk of my exercise calories. Improved quality of life!
  • Serena272
    Serena272 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I ate 500-600 cals more than what MFP recommended. I got my RMR measured through metabolic tests and I had a faster metabolism, much higher than the formulas. My break down was like RMR from tests was 2100 cals, lifestyle 600 cals + exercise. I I usually stick to around 2-3 K cals even when targeting body fat loss.
  • a2minella
    Options
    I disagree with most of these comments. I'm 5'8" started at 172 pounds. I'm very active and would work out both weights and cardio 3x a week. I could not lose an ounce until I stopped eating back my burned calories and stuck to no more than 1200 calories a day. Maybe that's just my body but I didn't feel hungry most times I thought I was hungry I was truly just bored. I have been for the past few days eating 1,000 calories a day, doing Zumba and staying plenty hydrated. Eating frequently keeps me from feeling the loss of all my heavy meals. I'm losing .75 pounds a day eating 1,000/day but I only plan to do this for about a week and then I'll go back to 1200 calories a day which feels just right for me. When I eat more than 1200 I gain regardless of how active I am. My body is used to the activity and can't handle that much food, healthy or otherwise I feel more sluggish eating 1600-1800 a day. Everyone has to do what feels right for them.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I hope you mean you're eating 1200 calories NET and not gross. If you're eating 1200 gross calories and working out that much, that's not good. 1200 net is still too low for most, but you should NEVER go under that. In fact, you should never go under your BMR.

As for me, I'm 5'5" 140 lbs. Goal is 130 lbs. I'm a 24-year-old female. My BMR is 1387. I have my goal set to 1400 calories and I try to eat at least some of my exercise calories back. I very rarely go under 1200 net calories and, when I do, I feel really bad about it.
  • thequietesthush
    thequietesthush Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As someone who's just started trying to lose weight, I'm only just getting my head around the BMR/TDEE concept! I've only ever lost weight before my cutting my calories (and it's no wonder I eventually over time put it back on).

I'm 5'5, 167 lb and my goal is 143 at the moment, and might change based on how I feel/look. I have probably been eating too low for my BMR, but I am nervous of bringing it up to that because I am not exercising yet. I know that I really need to, but I can't afford a gym membership at the moment, and I realised that I seriously hate running! I'm about to start a job on Monday though where I'll be walking roughly half an hour each way. Basically, my question is - as I'm not exercising really atm, is eating at my BMR still the best option?

I'm worried about gaining because I have poly-cystic ovaries and that changes how your body processes food, and can make it a lot harder to lose than for people who don't have the same issue!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Edit: Weird. This thread was on the first page but when I responded, it says the last post was in March. I am very confused.
  • I eat from 250 calories to 300 and work out for 10-20 minutes at least very other day. I also drink a ton of cold water.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I eat from 250 calories to 300 and work out for 10-20 minutes at least very other day. I also drink a ton of cold water.

I really hope you mistyped and meant 1250-1300
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My god. Some of you are shorter and way smaller than me but eating more calories than MFP tells me I should be eating. Hell, some of you are eating and losing at an amount that MFP says I need to maintain my weight. Whats with the big differences (and I'm talking about women, not men)