Replies

• jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    pills are not the answer...
  • thomson63
    thomson63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been on there program 3 times. First time lost the weight, but put it all back on plus more, just a few months after reaching goal. I was hungry all the time. Then I was foolish enough to try 2 more times, looking for a miracle, I spent thousands of dollars, only to be frustrated, not losing weight and being talked into buying more supplements. I have finally come to my senses, I have been on my treadmill everyday since February 22nd for 30 minutes a day and keeping to my calorie intake of 1400 calories, the results are I have lost 10 pounds, with no supplements and feeling fantastic. The program sounds great, but the financial commitment is staggering. They are very good at talking you into buying product that does not work. I am glad I finally realized I have to do this for myself and exercise and lowering calorie intake is the only way to go.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    No one likes a bully.
    So why are you being a 'bully' to these people that think differently to you?

I don't consider it nasty to tell someone to, to my mind, not waste a hell of a lot of money when the same or even better results can be got without spending so much and with likely eating more filling food. Also, what some would consider a better way to 'learn good habits'. In fact, if someone thought this and DIDN'T tell me, I'd be pretty annoyed!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I'm interested but it is a pyramid scheme and really expensive.

I deplore pyramid schemes.

I do like the Yogi and other herbal teas that promote weight loss.

I truly believe in Yogi and Traditional Medicinals.

I'm drinking Caramel Apple Spice Slim Life with Stevia right now!

I can vouch that these are blended by a legit herbalist and are very holistic, not just a bunch of caffeine or green tea extract.

And we're talking $3-4 at a local health food store. No memberships, no pyramid bull****, no parties or sales reps.

I use protein from Sam's but ONLY when I lift and it's for recovery (or I gain weight).

Good luck.

I see.

However, this is the "gaining weight" forum, you know, with hints and tips on how to like, totally gain weight - thats like, the opposite of lose weight.

See?

So true... but where should we respond but on the thread which contains the original post?

Just being sarcastic... blame OP.

And happy Friday.

:drinker:
  • KickingButt
    KickingButt Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    wow, sorry everyone for causing such an uproar... quite amusing, but again, not what I was trying to do
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to gain or lose weight?
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Its OK, I don't think anyone thinks for one second that these people are being bullied in the true sense of the word, they are just butthurt because we aint buying what they are selling.

i just like the word butthurt
  • KickingButt
    Options
    Are you trying to gain or lose weight?
    gain, muscle... ik fat will come along with it, but I am trying to gain and tone as I go
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Remember you need less protein on a bulk than a cut as your carbs should be higher, so the body won't turn to protein for 'fuel'.
  • Bammitssamm
    Bammitssamm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My dad is doing Herbal Life and he lost a lot of weight, however I have a very strong feeling that when he stops next month he's going to gain a lot of it back. Mainly because I feel like it doesn't get you in the habit of eating healthy.

Not sure if people can view this outside of Canada, however they did an investigation on Herbal Magic which is similar and found really negative things. It's definitely worth watching.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows/Marketplace/Season+37/ID/1405964153/
  • KickingButt
    Options
    Remember you need less protein on a bulk than a cut as your carbs should be higher, so the body won't turn to protein for 'fuel'.
    hey thanks! I had no idea!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Neither did I about the protein.

OP - So, you were thinking about using herbalife as a bulking tool to add nutrition and protein?

My guess is that there are less expensive alternates that would get you the same results, but I'm no expert. Hopefully, the bump will get you some guidance though.
  • KickingButt
    Options
    Neither did I about the protein.

OP - So, you were thinking about using herbalife as a bulking tool to add nutrition and protein?

My guess is that there are less expensive alternates that would get you the same results, but I'm no expert. Hopefully, the bump will get you some guidance though.

yea, but im not gonna do it now, bcuz of price and its not vegan..... im on a partially raw vegan diet... mostly fruit and veg.... wanted to add some extra protein in there to build/ tone muscle