fast food

Options
2»

Replies

• Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Subway is pretty much the only fast food that actually fills me up, and a large ham sandwich is less than 700 calories. Lotsa sodium though...
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    For breakfast at McDonald's you can have oatmeal with a side of egg whites. It's not on the menu, but eggs can be ordered a la carte.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Chipotle burrito bowl! You can load up on the veggies and get little or no rice.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    you can work almost anything into your daily goal, especially if you add in a workout. I just look up the calories to what I want before I order it and make sure it fits with the rest of my day.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Mickey D's is one of the few I go to for a fast food fix.
    I get a Quarter Pounder, plain, no cheese, and only eat the bottom bun, and the medium fries with no salt.
  • PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    McDonalds - a quarter pounder with cheese with 520 calories, and with some apple slices, would fill me up! Same thing with a Big Mac or most of their other large sandwiches. I second the happy meals mentioned above. A fish filet and a fruit and yogurt parfait is 540 calories.

KFC - 2 piece dark meat meal with grilled chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans is 405 calories without the biscuit, 585 with the biscuit.

Taco Bell - A fresco burrito with chicken and a fresco chicken soft taco is 470 cal, or get 3 of the cool ranch doritos locos tacos for 480.

Arby's - Get a classic roast beef and 2 potato cakes for 590 cal, or the french dip and a side salad for 610 cal!

The list goes on and on and on. Sure, the sodium is high. The price is expensive. And it is easy to lose your resolve and order one of these things that isn't the best choice. But if you want to eat fast food and stay in your calories, you TOTALLY CAN.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if you don't only mean "fast food" but just mean "food that you can get FAST", you can also consider just dropping through a grocery deli. A lot of 'em have some pretty healthy options ready to go.

I'll second Subway but as the other guy said, you get lots of sodium with lunch meat so it depends on if that's a big issue for you that day or not.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the In N Out protein style double burgers - no cheese, mustard only

I love those suckers and they work with my diet

Chipotle salads work depending on what you put in them and dressing (i usually skip dressing, and use the salsas as dressing)
  • lauriebeakley1
    Options
    Most fast food places have nutritional information on their websites now. I always look there before I go anyplace.
  • Dan6000istheman
    Dan6000istheman Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Tim Horton chicken wrap , with out the ranch sauce and without the bacon and cheese and sweet little meal, only 120 calories ! We try to look at the menu and found pretty much EVERYTHING was just NASTY with sodium and fat!!

I look forward to that now sometimes :)
  • idabug3
    idabug3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    The key is pre-planning whenever possible. If you know you are going to a fast food restaurant, find the nutritional information and fine the items that are not so bad. Keep in mind fast food is still processed and not optimum BUT there are choices that are not as bad as others.... We all have those times when it is just something that cannot be avoided...
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I watched on Hungry Girl that it's best to opt for the chicken burger everytime, the grilled one.if you want the beef, then go ahead it's okay. And yes, NOT THE FISH. Because the fish burger is deep fried and has soaked up too much oil. Also, ask if they could put it in a lettuce wrap instead of buns, if they can't then just remove the buns and ask for extra lettuce or eat it openfaced, just with the bottom bun. :) I hope I helped.
  • missionquestthing
    missionquestthing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Taco bell is overall pretty reasonable. Wendy's nuggets are too