Your opinion: When will this dress fit? *pictures

Options
I'm going to a friend's outdoor summer wedding in July. It's 16 weeks from now. I have been losing about .8 lb per week since January 1st. I am 5'3.5" and 162 lbs. What will I have to weigh in order to fit this dress?

It took a lot of holding my breath to squeeze this on today, and I definitely can't fit a bra under it yet, but I'd like to wear this dress:
20140321_142937.jpg
20140321_142922.jpg

My belly is really stretching the fabric, and my love handles are poking out the back, and my back fat up top and pudge on the sides of my armpits make this dress look too small.

I don't want to have to buy a new dress, I don't really have the money. I'm just hoping 15 lbs or so will make this dress look acceptable to wear in public!

Replies

• Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    In my experience, I would say 10 pounds could do it, depending on where you lose it from (which we can't control, of course). At the rate you're losing, which is perfect btw, I'm sure you'll love the way it falls by then.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    10-14Ibs I would say.
    Lovely dress, btw.
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You can totally pull that off. Especially is you excercise regularly and watch your diet closely. To be honest, I was going to creep your post to see the train wreck, but from the pictures it doesn't look like you should have any problems making it happen. Stay focused and make it happen! :-)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say but I will tell you this-- the smaller I got, the bigger the difference in clothing per pound. So like, the first 20 lbs I only lost 1 1/2 sizes. But the second 20 lbs I dropped 3 sizes, and in the 5 lbs since then another 2 sizes.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, THANK YOU everyone. You're taking a weight off my shoulders. I'm going to stay motivated and try to lost 15 lbs by the time of the wedding. I really appreciate all of the feedback!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    why don't you just buy a dress that fits a couple of weeks before the wedding?
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options

If you read the OP, she says she can't afford it.

I'd say 10lbs.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You can pull it off. Especially cuz you still have months to go until the actual wedding, but you'll be fine. You look good in it
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I think that you are being really hard on yourself. all these bits you mention are sticking out and all over- I don't see it. yes it's prob too tight for comfort right now but you look good.

A good undergarment (shapewear) will also help smooth out and have it fit better
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Probably right around 10 pounds. It may end up being too big at 15.

It's a very pretty dress.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I concur: 10 lbs should do it! Lovely dress and you will be lovely in it!
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Very cute dress!

If you keep going at your current rate of weight loss, you will have no problems.

In all honestly, I would probably set aside some extra money to have it taken in :wink:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I think if you keep doing what you're doing, you will be fine - like the others have said, 10-15lbs will likely do it, and you've given yourself enough time to get there in a healthy manner.

Rock on, OP!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Because women

*edited to add that I am guilty of buying a jacket that was on sale and would have fit in my post-weightloss body. Purely monetary reasons. But women are notorious for this. I don't understand, nor do I need to.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options

I think it is more about the goal dude...then the dress itself...
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Don't you worry about a thing young lady. About another 12-14 lbs, a few side bends, a few sit ups and leg lifts, and you will rock that dress like it owes you rent. WORK IT GIRL!!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

I think it is more about the goal dude...then the dress itself...

yeah, i don't get it.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", at almost 170 I was a size 13, at 140 I was a size seven.

I found that, for me, about every 10 pounds was a dress size dropped.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I think if you keep doing what you're doing, you will be fine - like the others have said, 10-15lbs will likely do it, and you've given yourself enough time to get there in a healthy manner.

Rock on, OP!

Thanks to everyone for the support. I am so relieved that this will do it for the wedding. I was laid off from my job and I literally have negative money to spend on any clothes (or anything but necessities), let alone a dress I will probably only wear once :/

Thanks everyone for being so understanding and motivating!!
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You guys. This to me is what MFP is all about. The OP was brave and said: "hey, I need some help. here's the deal". And then this community came out and helped her without being rude or judgey. Good job, Pals!

As for the dress, I agree with the other posters: you are well on your way to rocking this. It sounds like you're motivated and moving in the right direction with your weight loss, so 16 weeks should totally give you the time you need to feel great in this cute dress.

I can't add much to what has already been said, except maybe to suggest that you really keep up with water consumption and try to keep your sodium in check to avoid any unnecessary bloating on "D Day" (Dress Day - ha ha).

Cheers!