Movie Theaters

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I sneak in a water or other drink. I bring something like a protein bar. Also sugar-free hard candies or gum. I avoid movie popcorn, not because I don't like it, I DO, I would eat too much of it I am sure. Best to avoid it (me)
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Funny you ask that, we just came back from the movies. Paid $4 for a 20 oz. bottle of water. Which we shared. Yes we are fools.

We are trying to memorize the look of the bottle so I can buy it ahead next time and bring it in my purse...
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Smuggle in beer in glass bottles. It sure is fun to hear them clank as they roll down the isle when you are done drinking the beer.

^^^This. And then I sit behind a group of teenagers. Because when all is said and done, no one is ever going to think I'm the culprit.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I usually get a large tea and that is it, but recently in a rather posh cinema in London, I bought one of their little boxes of giant chocolate buttons to take in. Occasionally I go for a sweet popcorn. Once after a gym workout, I smuggled in a tub of cottage cheese and spoon.
  • Sirinya55
    Sirinya55 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    small popcorn only...not because it's fatty but cuz it's so dang expensive! Everything else I snug in my purse! One day I'll be saying in my grandma voice "I remember back in the days when I can go to theater for $10!"
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    The theatre we go to doesn't hold too strict to bringing in food from other places, so we'll often sneak in drinks. We stick to popcorn (no butter) and I share. No fingers are allowed to be licked though!
  • SluggishSwimmer
    SluggishSwimmer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We just hit our local dollar theatre last night... Since we were between paydays, I got a mini bag popcorn and (to my SO's chagrin) a bottle of water. Usually would do coke and a large bag, but I'm trying really hard to get away from soda.
    I don't do candy at the movies anyway, but I love the popcorn!
  • Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's so rare that we go to the movies (twice in the last 12 months) that when we do go, we go all out. There's always New York Fries - poutine with my husband or just plain fries with the kids. Popcorn to share with no butter, candy (which I usually smuggle in) and everyone gets their own drink. Sometimes the kids want cotton candy or frozen yogurt, that's ok too.
  • ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yogen Fruz all the way!
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    half the time i smuggle in candy.

a quarter of the time i smuggle in pop.

and 75% of the time i buy popcorn to SHARE.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I always smuggle food into movies. As a woman, it's pretty easy to do with a purse. If i do get the popcorn, I share it with someone.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I eat before I go. I don't like to eat in the dark. It makes me feel like I should feel ashamed.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sneak in....

Rum

Vodka...

Or depending if I am seeing a serious movie...Wine.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am all for drinking martini's at the movies in a reclining chair. That sounds like a lot of fun. (better than doing it at home)

Usually, I tell the guys I don't want popcorn and then eat all theirs. They hate that. LOL If I'm thinking before I leave the house I'll grab a mint balance bar.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I only really go to the drive in

but if I am going to a regular theater I just bring in whatever food I want in my purse or I do not bring any food at all
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I go all out, get a small popcorn WITH butter and candy. My hunny buys the nachos and hotdog combo every time we go! lol. I dont smuggle stuff into the theatre, though it is expensive as hell - I dont want to worry about picking up food before going in. I just go to enjoy myself and not give a crap about money, or calories.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I would smuggle in a smoothie from planet smoothie. Lol...there was one right next to the movies and I made sure to bring a tall purse. :)

Now, my husband and I just get a popcorn and share or I get sour patch kids.
  • Chuchiiee
    Chuchiiee Posts: 43
    Options
    I smuggle all my goodies to the movies (huge bags of chips, candy, chocolate, soda, slurpies, etc)
    Once my friends and I brought gyros and tacos. LOL.
    Now, the only thing I smuggle is a large bottle of water. -sigh-
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    we bring my big purse and have those one serving popcorns already popped, liquorish and water bottles when I go to the movies. its tempting to eat everything with butter on it once you walk into the place but I feel more in control when I have my stuff already in my bag. :drinker: of course that was up north, now that I am in floriduh I am not sure about going to a movie theatre there might be some weird old man trying to shoot at us. uggg
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks. I buy the buttered popcorn and the water but I want my cheese stick so I smuggle it in