Heavy lifting NSV-- goodbye scale, you sneaky liar!

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    giphy.gif
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    one of the best NSVs ever :) thank you for the giggle...and for the inspiration!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Love this!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    haha! You're cute, girly. Way to lift!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    You are as eloquent as you are strong. The scale cannot measure how awesome you are.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    :)
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    A great progression and wonderful photos!! Congrats on your achievements and being able to move on from the number on the scale. That's not easy to do :bigsmile:
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    I'm right there with you! The scale is a LOUSY measurement for the good work we are doing. The mirror and our clothes are a far better way to assess our progress.

Who cares what your weight is if you look fit and toned?
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Needed to hear/see this. I am 8 pounds over goal and can't get back down there for the life of me. I eat clean and work out 6 days a week ... and I'm slowly gaining weight. I have been working with a trainer for the last 10 weeks and he has me lifting heavier than I ever have. I am getting definition in my arms, back and chest. People are NOTICING! My measurements for waist butt and thighs are reduced. HOWEVER, that da*&m scale bothers me. I can't get past wanting to let that "number" define me. I have to change my thought process in this regard. It is SO tough to do. I still feel like I am failing instead of gaining ground.
  • SandraNancy
    SandraNancy Posts: 127 Member
    You are as eloquent as you are strong. The scale cannot measure how awesome you are.

Why thank you! What a lovely thing to say.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    What a great read - congratulations on your transformation and realizing that the scale cannot control how you feel about yourself!
  • SandraNancy
    What a great read - congratulations on your transformation and realizing that the scale cannot control how you feel about yourself!

Thanks Karindiane! It has taken a long while to get here, and there are still those moments when I wish that number was lower, but then I remind myself that number is only a very small part of the big picture.
  • Strivetobebetter76
    Strivetobebetter76 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Incredible job. Your story is an inspiration to many. Keep up the amazing hard work and determination
  • Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    Nice job on the fitness and weight loss! I loved your post!! Congrats :)
  • kgbsn80
    kgbsn80 Posts: 21
    Definitely ready to just say goodbye to using scale every week because I see more changes with measurements and photo's than with numbers. I think I want to focus more on NSV because I love what lifting is doing for me. Great job ! your story make me want to lift even more.
  • Strangegirlz
    Strangegirlz Posts: 92 Member
    Love it. Congratulations on your achievements and also the realisation and strength to abandon the scale!
  • Egon9123
    Egon9123 Posts: 44 Member
    This post was truly inspirational. I too hate the scale. I go to the gym and monitor my diet regularly and as soon as I started hitting the weights I started gaining weight! I am pleased to report that my fat is turning into muscle but I could still spare to lose some fat!

Congrats, you look great!
  • schellina
    schellina Posts: 7 Member
    AMEN! I have been lifting heavy for 2.5 months. Every week I get on the scale to see that I have climbed from 117 lbs to 122, 123, 124. Maybe that doesn't seem like a big deal, but its all relative, and to me this seems like a failure. On the up side, my thighs are thinner, my butt is toned, my abs are cut, and my arms are defined. I look in the mirror and LOVE what I see! My scale and I are taking a little break in April. I am going to take a picture on 4/1 and take my measurements and at the end of the month I will let the measuring tape and the pictures be my judge!
  • SandraNancy
    Definitely ready to just say goodbye to using scale every week because I see more changes with measurements and photo's than with numbers. I think I want to focus more on NSV because I love what lifting is doing for me. Great job ! your story make me want to lift even more.

Thanks so much! I think the scale's a great tool when you have weight to lose, but when you're an "average" size, it really can be misleading and discouraging. Good luck with your own banishing of the scale!
  • SandraNancy
    This post was truly inspirational. I too hate the scale. I go to the gym and monitor my diet regularly and as soon as I started hitting the weights I started gaining weight! I am pleased to report that my fat is turning into muscle but I could still spare to lose some fat!

Congrats, you look great!

Nice to meet you, thanks for friending me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!