Hello.

Options
Hi there everyone. I've just started my weight loss journey and I'm looking to lose about 85 pounds putting me inside my healthy BMI. Once I've reached my goal weight I'll decide whether or not I want to lose more.

I've got quite a busy work life, working 12 hour shifts 5-6 days a week so will find it hard to find time to work out. Does anyone have any tips for good workouts at home?

Good luck everyone. :)

Replies

• struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi hope to see you on the forum at to post your updates, just remember that cleaning round the house counts to exercise just keep track.
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this awesome community, feel free to FR
  • sarahdiggity77
    Options
    Hi! Tae Bo is a really good work out. With Billy Blanks. I used to do it from home, and it really helps you get in shape. It's fun. I hate a 2 part video. I did the first half for awhile. When I was ready for more of a challenge I did the 1st then the 2nd work out. At the end there was also moves and tips on self defense. I recommend it. I am in a gym. Planet fitness. It's affordable, offers great things, and its a no judgment zone gym!!
  • meganlr_
    meganlr_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred! It literally kills me. Its embarrassing lol. I discourage easily so I haven't stuck with it long enough to see any results but I've ready really good things. And with how hard I find level one it makes me think it will really work. I'll be starting it up again next week. Give it a shot though! Its only 20 minutes and you can feel it the next day, in a big way. *Edit* Forgot to add that I'll also be working 12s starting next week so I feel your pain. Whenever I've worked 12 hour shifts I've found it impossible to workout before or after work but I'm going to give it a shot this time with the shred!

Good luck!!
  • LaurenLizz92
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and welcomes guys.
    It feels great to have a community for support.
  • bludflower
    Options
    I use my Xbox 360 Kinect for a lot of my workouts, but for those who don't have one, I like Leslie Sansone's walking videos--they're fast, low impact aerobics, and can be done in the house--and Leslie's cheerful and motivating rather than overly perky and annoying. I also switch it up with Yoga videos, light weights, and occasional use of my crappy little elliptical machine. I'm also planning on utilizing the community swimming pool this summer (they have an hour of adult swim in the morning). I need a lot of low impact exercise because I have pretty severe back problems, but I want to sweat too. Good luck. I'm trying to lose about the same amount as you. We've both got our work cut out for us, but it'll happen.