Everything happens for a reason...

Options
arwacky
arwacky Posts: 1,653
They claim everything happens for a reason. Do you believe that??? Can you share any stories that made you realize that was the reason why things happened the way they did?

Replies

• Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I am busy at work - therefore - I am at work on Saturday.

Hmmm - everything happens for a reason...

simpsonsphone.gif

Busy = totally messed up Saturday.

Makes perfect sense now!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    There's a long story about how my wife and I met.

I don't believe that everything happens for a reason, but some do.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    100% everything ever that happens happens for a reason

I could go on but ....too much for mfp
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Yes, everything happens for a reason. Typically that reason is I am an idiot who doesn't seem to learn from past mistakes.
  • Naseer787
    Naseer787 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    when you are very happy in life i see to you happy and your happiness give me strength to make me happy its my reason
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Yes, everything happens for a reason. Typically that reason is I am an idiot who doesn't seem to learn from past mistakes.

+1
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Today my life brought me again on the point to book my ticket to Italy. I can almost say that everything is just forcing me to go back. I think this time i will definately go. Yeah i do believe everything happen for a reason... i met my ex at a bus stop in central London only coz the bus was late.
  • Naseer787
    Naseer787 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    God bless you
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    yes, everything happens for a reason. Quick story: Driving into work this morning a bird pooped on my truck. Birds poop and they don't care where. reason for it pooping on my truck? I need to wash it today.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    A lot of life changing things have happened around me which I can only attribute to things happening for a reason, but they're a little too personal to publicly share. A good rule of thumb is that the really messed up situations will change and shape you, you just have to allow it to make you a stronger, better person. Of course, here's one that's not too emo:

I got a 4.0 GPA with several AP classes which earned me college credits and everything that wasn't AP was honors. I was a really good kid. I skipped two years and graduated very early. When I did, I took a two years off to wait until I'd be the same age as everyone else in college (+have a car, lol). Anyway, when I went to apply I was declined because the State of Florida changed the requirements from 3 units of math to 4. Well, obviously I couldn't go back to high school and retake that last math class that was not required (or even offered) upon my graduation. I called several colleges, the board of education, etc., all for no real answer. I took it upon myself to write a very long winded letter to the Dean, who accepted me into college based on my powers of persuasion, considering that I was now under-qualified. When I received my acceptance letter, I told the college NO. Why? Because if they were that easy to manipulate and getting accepted into college is as easy as crafting a few words together, then I didn't want to be part of that school anyway. So, I stagnated for another year, opened a business with what would have been my tuition, which grew large enough for me to sell out and open another business which is doing better than the first. No education required. I got denied for a reason: so that I could be better off and more self-reliant than I would have otherwise been.

ETA: Note, I was totally destroyed when I got denied.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

^^^^This seems to be my case lately!!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I lean toward the opposite view.

We are adrift in an uncaring universe governed purely by chance and ruled by a deity that checks every now and again that His ant colony is still alive but doesn't involve Himself with the lives of individual ants.

Events which are highly unlikely but have a nonzero chance of happening will, sooner or later, happen by the strong law of large numbers. Humans will remember the handful of times that remarkable things happened, forget the countless times that they didn't, and conclude in the existence of fate.

None of this is provable though, so JMHO.
  • _KrisMarie
    Options

I know how you feel!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    No. Things happen because people make them happen.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    To make us stronger so we might guide others along the way????

although I tend to follow along the same path as others in this thread... I'm the idiot who doesn't learn!!! ;)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Of course there's a reason everything happens - outcomes caused by actions and whatnot. But not everything happens for a purpose, which is what some people want to believe.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    During my wedding planning, one of my bridesmaids dropped out. I was very upset because she was a close friend and the whole situation tore us apart. Anyway, I had just reconnected with my second cousin, who had been a very close friend of mine growing up. I asked her to be in the wedding and she said yes. She was matched up to walk down the aisle with my husband's cousin. By the end of the first day the two of them met, they were a couple. Ten years later, they are still together.
  • Blessed9jaBeauty
    Blessed9jaBeauty Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I STRONGLY believe that every disappointment/delay is INDEED a blessing in disguise. There have been mornings where I would make an extra conscious effort to get up early so I could get to where I needed to be on time (although I am working on it, I'm not exactly "PATTY PUNCTUAL"). However, anything that could possibly go wrong (i.e. bad hair day, aftermath of the previous night's AWESOME 3bean Chile, misplaced keys etc.) goes wrong. On many of those days, I can testify that on my route to my destination there have been car accidents that I could have been involved in. My place of work got robbed at gunpoint during a shift that I would have usually worked, but wasn't scheduled due to hours being cut temporarily. There was a shooting in the parking lot of a reggae club that I used to frequent on a night that I just couldn't find anything to wear and out of fatigue and frustration decided not to go, and the list goes on and on. Consequently, I am extremely thankful for every obstacle and circumstance, although I might complain at first, I later on realize and appreciate the reasons for them.

:flowerforyou: Great topic!
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Just keep looking at the flowers Lizzie
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I like to believe that sometimes things happen for no reason. Like me stepping in dog poop.