Something about myself.....

Options
I started a thread that no one responded to... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1231980-weights-every-day
So I figured I should introduce myself...

Hello everyone. I have been on this on again off again roller coaster since 2010. If I ruin one day, I usually give up. If I get sick, I give up. If I don't workout on a day I should have, I give up.

I have never wanted something so badly (losing weight) in my life and yet I sabotage myself constantly. There was a time when if I ruined a day, I didn't let the guilt get to me and I continued on my journey.

I need to get back in that mindset and I'm having a hell of a time.

I love looking at the success stories on here. I want my own success story.

Replies

• earlybrd7
    earlybrd7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Please add me and I can help to keep you accountable and encourage you, I appreciate mutual motivation as well. It's easy to fall, but the important part is getting back up again. We can do this :)
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your weight every day question, definitely not an expert by profession, nor a guru by experience.... but for those with questions this thread is often recommended:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Stick around. As you read and search on MFP you will find a wealth of information and inspiration!
  • 52dave62
    52dave62 Posts: 28
    Options
    Today is the day I send friend requests here and there, I, like the both of you are new to this website, and I figure we need friends for the news feed encouragemnet.

Sent F/R to you both
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Like you I have been in your shoes, since my relationship with food has always been messed up. I have lost some motivation after loosing my first 27 pounds. Lets help each other and do this.
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    You can add me if you like. To answer your question in the previous board. I wouldn't lift every day but 4 times a week is pretty good for someone starting out and if your intensity level is high you should get a decent cardio workout from that. Take measurements and don't be to stuck to weight as you will be gaining some muscle from lifting. if you don't like cardio just take some long walks. If you are into the full body thing I would probably drop that to 3 times a week so you don't burn yourself out and make sure you take a day off in between if its full body that you go with. Good Luck!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Starting today, kick all that self-sabotage and self doubt to the curb! You CAN do this! You are the only one that can do this for yourself. There is no quick fix, no magic pill. Just your hard work and dedication. There will be days that you have ZERO motivation and there will be days that you feel like you could eat everything in sight. Guess what? That's being human. This journey IS NOT a flawless one. It is far from perfect. There will be speed bumps and lots of trial and error. You just have to take it one day at a time! And don't just focus on the big picture, celebrate the little victories. Celebrate the days that you squeeze in a workout even though you didn't feel like it. Celebrate the day you ask for a side of steamed veggies instead of the fries. Those small accomplishments are what make the big goal achievable! If not for those little victories, you wouldn't get anywhere!

Portion control, healthier choices, moderation(for your guilty pleasures) and exercise. Follow that, and your golden! You don't need to deprive yourself.You don't need to stay on a strict low calorie diet. Just watch your portions. moderate how often you have those guilty pleasures, get in a good sweat session a couple times a week and you'll get there!

I love living by the 80/20 rule(for life!) If you are doing it right 80% of the time, then you have 20% worth of wiggle room. So it's okay to have that piece of birthday cake, or that bowl of ice cream from time to time. We're human. Enjoy yourself and enjoy this journey!
  • AVeronicaW
    AVeronicaW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I gained 45 lbs when I was nursing my husband at the end. I sat next to his bedside day and night for over a year. I was never this heavy, even 9 months pregnant.

Bill has been gone nearly 5 years. I would just like to have my mental image of myself and my physical image match. I want to go back to being able to ride a bike for 30 minutes to two hours without even thinking about it. Now my body cries after twice around the block. I want to be able to fit into a size 12 dress again... I am not looking to be a size 8, though I remember when that was me.

I am in front of a computer all day long and I come home, do two hours cooking and housework, and sit in front of the computer or the tv after that. Can't seem to get moving as much as I would like and can't seem to start losing either. Maybe this is what I need to start.
  • WorkInProgress323
    Options
    You are all so helpful and nice! I'm happy to have you all as friends. :smile:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I was the same way, but if you keep telling yourself you can't.. You won't. This was told to me. Get to a place where you can tell yourself positive thoughts. We listen to this inner voice telling we can't when you would be surprised at what you can. Add me if you would like to help you along the way.. I am a great listener. You have to change that inner voice to telling you YOU CAN.. BEST TO YOU..
  • _KrisMarie
    Options
    Feel free to add me. And to answer your other question, give yourself a day or two of rest for each muscle group. So you could switch routines (upper body one day, lower body the next), but rest is important. The more intense the workout, the more you need the rest. Link to a good article on the topic... http://www.unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article folder/recoveryUNM.html

Stay on here, stay motivated. If you fall off the wagon, start again. The key is never to stop working towards your goals, no matter the setbacks. Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • WorkInProgress323
    Options
    Feel free to add me. And to answer your other question, give yourself a day or two of rest for each muscle group. So you could switch routines (upper body one day, lower body the next), but rest is important. The more intense the workout, the more you need the rest. Link to a good article on the topic... http://www.unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article folder/recoveryUNM.html

Stay on here, stay motivated. If you fall off the wagon, start again. The key is never to stop working towards your goals, no matter the setbacks. Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:

Holy crap, is that you on that mountain??
  • _KrisMarie
    Options

Holy crap, is that you on that mountain??

Yes ma'am! I love me some rock climbing! :love: