Just finished my first Quest bar...

Options
and it was okay. I had double chocolate chunk, but to be honest, it didn't taste as good as people said it did, and it left me with an upset stomach. Is it just me that feels sort of queasy after eating one? Any other flavours that taste better?

Replies

• neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I've heard the chocolate chip cookie dough flavor is amazing.
  • leahmunroe97
    Options
    I really like the chocolate chip cookie dough and cinnamon roll flavors. They aren't quite as rich as the double chocolate chunk, and have less calories :wink: Also, they taste best when microwaved for about 15 seconds. Hope this helps!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've tried 4 or 5 and the best ones so far were the Coconut Cashew and the Peanut Butter/Jelly.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way. They're honestly just *meh*. They're only really good if you heat them up in the toaster oven.
  • dcarr67
    dcarr67 Posts: 1,403
    Options
    Might help to crush it up over some ice cream......... :)
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    apple pie, cinnamon roll and vanilla almond crunch are worth a try.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Roll is really good warmed slightly in the oven/toaster oven/microwave
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Beware the chicory root extract aka inulin. Well known to cause GI distress as in cramping, out gassing and for some explosive diarrhea.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Might help to crush it up over some ice cream......... :)

This is the best idea ever.
  • angelicprettyy
    Options
    So no one else got an upset stomach afterwards?
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Apple pie, chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry. Microwave for about 15 secs and... mouthgasm.
  • forevermaryb
    forevermaryb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would say the double chocolate chunk is one of my least favorite flavors; any of the chocolate based ones are not as good to me. I really like the strawberry cheesecake, banana nut muffin, chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry. I know some people don't like the texture, but it has grown on me and I love how filling they are. If you really don't like them or if they bother your stomach, I like the Pure Protein bars and many of the Atkins Advantage bars. For a real treat, Atkins has an Indulge flavor of chocolate coconut that tastes just like a Mounds bar. Not as much protein as other bars, but only 2 or 3g of sugar.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Never. I sometimes have two of them at lunch. I have tried every one of them and the only one I don't like is the lemon one. My favorites are the Coconut Cashew, Choc chip cookie dough and white choc raspberry.

And as others have said. Heating them up is the best way to eat them.
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies and cream are very tasty!
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options

I've never gotten an upset stomach after, but my husband checks the ingredients for sugar alcohol, because he says the same thing - that it upsets his stomach a bit.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I thought all the quest bar flavors I've tried were disgusting. I felt sick soon after eating them. All the flavors had a weird after taste and I hated the texture. I know I'm probably one of the few that finds them appalling. I'll stick to my soft baked pure protein bars and my power crunch peanut butter fudge bars. They taste so much better and easier in the budget.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I had one for the first time the other day...the brownie one. I had to heat it in the microwave as it was hard as a rock. Loved it heated, but it did upset my stomach a bit. I also tried the apple pie bar..that one was really good and did not upset my stomach at all. I have the choc. peanut butter..haven't tried it yet.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I tried a few Quest bars about a year ago and had stomach issues after each time I tried one. Will never buy them again.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Could the tummy troubles be from 17+ g of fiber at once, especially for those not used to eating a lot of fiber? (Never eaten one but the fiber thread suggests eating Quest bars to easily meet fiber goals).
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    F quest bars