Experiencing Sugar and Fat Withdrawal: CRISIS MODE!

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Just eat some chocolate ffs.
  • RustyE49
    RustyE49 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would say meh to the research. Those of us who cannot eat just one cupcake, donut, cookie understand what addiction is. No need to preach.
  • wheird
    Options
    I would say meh to the research. Those of us who cannot eat just one cupcake, donut, cookie understand what addiction is. No need to preach.

"You dont understand me and science is wrong!"

That is a juvenille statement.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out just what this sugar/fat "addiction" entails.
    Wishful thinking.
  • wheird
    Options
    Sugar is super addicting and is in most of the foods in the grocery store aisles. Try to stick to the natural sugars found in fruits and agave, and those pesky white sugar cravings will go away.

:heart:

White sugar is natural. Sugar beets and sugar cane.
  • norlund568
    Options
    I find that sometimes telling myself "no" is very hard, but when I do the next morning there is a reward. I'm usually down. Of course your body is going to rebel. Who's in charge here. Think of all the things you'll be able to do without the pizza and then assess if it's worth what you describe as gluttony. You can do it!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    The grand thing about pizza is that it's 100% possible to incorporate it as a healthy option.
    Why? What's stopping it being incorporated as part of a healthy lifestyle?

My post workout Pizza, once it had extra topping was likely around 1000 calories with 70g carbs, 45g fat and 65g protein (taking a bit of a guess there - the rest of the meat I had logged was eaten with salad later.)

Oh and stick to fruit sugars. Great, so I can get addicted to a different kind of sugar! I also have problems with food like grapes and melons - if the Melons are ripe, can easily eat two whole large mellons in one sitting.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I just had some pizza tonight. Was tasty.

That's all I had to offer
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Sugar is super addicting and is in most of the foods in the grocery store aisles. Try to stick to the natural sugars found in fruits and agave, and those pesky white sugar cravings will go away.

Yeah, this is like being addicted to beer that came from a bottle but not beer that came from a can.
  • wheird
    Options

Yeah, this is like being addicted to beer that came from a bottle but not beer that came from a can.

Aluminum has no BPAs brah
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    The grand thing about pizza is that it's 100% possible to incorporate it as a healthy option.
    Why? What's stopping it being incorporated as part of a healthy lifestyle?

My post workout Pizza, once it had extra topping was likely around 1000 calories with 70g carbs, 45g fat and 65g protein (taking a bit of a guess there - the rest of the meat I had logged was eaten with salad later.)

Oh and stick to fruit sugars. Great, so I can get addicted to a different kind of sugar! I also have problems with food like grapes and melons - if the Melons are ripe, can easily eat two whole large mellons in one sitting.

I guess in my mind the two are interchangeable. Healthy option and healthy lifestyle, that is. I was more intending the statement as, pizza is not something you have to avoid. I feel like if you can incorporate something into a healthy lifestyle, it's a healthy option... well, most things. I don't think meth is ultimately a good addendum to a healthy lifestyle ;)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Um, duh, the fiber in fruit and veg are what make the sugar special and safe!

That's why I take a fiber supplement with my cake.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options

Aluminum has no BPAs brah

I :heart: this response.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're just playing games, but who knows?

There are many addictions where people don't sell their children. Don't know of any who have for a pack of cigarettes, not to say it hasn't happened.

Joke to you or not, I do believe that sugar is just is the same sort of physical addiction to many as the thing you mentioned. Just like cigarettes, alcohols, drugs, etc. not everyone gets physically addicted but as a sugar addict knows, there are plenty out there.

I've never been a binger but I did go a few years without eating sugar AT ALL. I never craved it, it was not hard for me to say no to birthday cakes, etc. As soon as I told myself "maybe just this time" and took a few small bites the cravings were back.

Oh really NO SUGAR at all, no fruit, no sweet potatoes, no bread etc.

I doubt this. :noway:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're just playing games, but who knows?

There are many addictions where people don't sell their children. Don't know of any who have for a pack of cigarettes, not to say it hasn't happened.

Joke to you or not, I do believe that sugar is just is the same sort of physical addiction to many as the thing you mentioned. Just like cigarettes, alcohols, drugs, etc. not everyone gets physically addicted but as a sugar addict knows, there are plenty out there.

I've never been a binger but I did go a few years without eating sugar AT ALL. I never craved it, it was not hard for me to say no to birthday cakes, etc. As soon as I told myself "maybe just this time" and took a few small bites the cravings were back.

Oh really NO SUGAR at all, no fruit, no sweet potatoes, no bread etc.

I doubt this. :noway:

QFT.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    you can choose to just have some.
    Not really for me.

Some have better self control with food than others.

I just ate an entire box of french fancies.
    I did already plan to take the dog for a run however, so that'll balance my diary fine.

Yes, what applies to the rest of the human race really does apply to you. You have the choice to put the next bite in your mouth. Some superhuman entity does not take over your body and force feed you all the food. People like to cry 'addiction' when it comes to eating and making choices. But honestly, whether you eat one cookie or the whole box, it's still a choice. Eventually you'll run out of cookies and how you feel about what you ate is up to you.
  • TylerAvenger
    Options
    eat some... just watch your calorie limits. trust me, I know how hard self control can be
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Full disclosure: I've tried the full abstinence approach (in 2012 when I tried that strict paleo thing for a full year). Yeah, my cravings for certain foods diminished *for a while*. I think it helped my compliance that I was eating at a surplus during that time. I also think that a return of those cravings is inevitable.

When I went back to non-paleo, it took me a while to regain my self control...but the more I tried it, the better I got at it. I came to the conclusion that self control is a skill that can be improved by practicing it...or at the very least, a habit that I could improve.

It seems to me that very few people have found the solution to their cravings in full abstinence for a period longer than a few months. Yeah, there are some who have gone years, but I believe these people have will power that would have allowed them to succeed without abstinence from these foods. (The non-food stories of many of these people are really interesting and IMHO demonstrate this will power I'm referring to.)

TL;DR - perhaps those who say they don't have the will power don't have it because they haven't practiced/developed it.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Full disclosure: I've tried the full abstinence approach (in 2012 when I tried that strict paleo thing for a full year). Yeah, my cravings for certain foods diminished *for a while*. I think it helped my compliance that I was eating at a surplus during that time. I also think that a return of those cravings is inevitable.

When I went back to non-paleo, it took me a while to regain my self control...but the more I tried it, the better I got at it. I came to the conclusion that self control is a skill that can be improved by practicing it...or at the very least, a habit that I could improve.

It seems to me that very few people have found the solution to their cravings in full abstinence for a period longer than a few months. Yeah, there are some who have gone years, but I believe these people have will power that would have allowed them to succeed without abstinence from these foods. (The non-food stories of many of these people are really interesting and IMHO demonstrate this will power I'm referring to.)

TL;DR - perhaps those who say they don't have the will power don't have it because they haven't practiced/developed it.

QFT.
  • AmplifiedHeart
    Options
    Sugar can be just as addicting as drugs. Don't listen to anyone that tells you otherwise.