What do you eat on a bad day?

Options
If you have a bad day once a week or whatever what do you go over? I go over my fat intake, that's about it. I still try and stay under calories protein and carbs, just wondering if it's ok to go over my fat intake once a week? I need to eat around 62g of fat and tonight I'll have about 70g of fat

Replies

• doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Same things I eat any other day. Usually just more of it.
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Scottmufcrvp1 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a takeaway tonight with family, I may go over my calories intake by 200-300 and over my fat intake by 10g
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings and beer!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

This!
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Options
    Thanks! So it's ok to go a little over my calories intake and fat intake once a week?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Thanks! So it's ok to go a little over my calories intake and fat intake once a week?

Going over your calories constantly will cause weight gain no matter what.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Same here. My diet is actually pretty healthy...I cook most things, and when I go out I make fairly decent choices and generally have no fast food/junk food. I overheat on things like eggs lol
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day last sunday...

See a bad day for me is now defined as not getting enough food into me.

I was full at 995 calories...ate enough to get me to 1195 ...yogurt and chocolate and felt like crap for 2 days afterwards...

I will never do it again...what a horrid day(s)
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :wink: All things in moderation ... I love Angel cake Swiss roll with custard and cream ... in the centre ... that's my treat when i feel like it .:happy:
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Options

Going over your calories constantly will cause weight gain no matter what.
    I didn't say I constantly do it, I said once a week, and I go over it by about 200 calories
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Options
    Also, I'm going to do 20 minutes of fast walking and 20 minutes of running/jogging up the stairs, would it be better to do this knowing that I'm going to have a big meal later?
  • blonditz
    blonditz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    MFP puts you at a 500 deficit every day for 1 pound a week. So 200 calories over is a 300 calorie deficit . Even if you did that every day you'd loose, just a lot slower. I go slightly over like that once a week because it keeps me on track the other 6 days.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm going to do 20 minutes of fast walking and 20 minutes of running/jogging up the stairs, would it be better to do this knowing that I'm going to have a big meal later?

No, it would be better to incorporate exercise in your life for the sake of getting healthy and have it be a regular thing. But yes, exercise is one way of giving yourself some extra calories to eat, but you need to be consistent about logging your food intake and exercise burns. Otherwise you run the risk of overeating by quite a lot because you've convinced yourself that your exercise routine burned a lot more calories than it actually did.

Read this link and the links within it. I think it will help you immensely: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • marcksh
    marcksh Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    pizza puts me over. It's the darned cheese (yum!). I'd prob be ok if I just ate a slice less on that day. But it doesnt happen all that often so no biggie in my opinion.

(poker night snacks put me over too. I try to be good but its so hard with everyone munching about)
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Options
    I walk everyday, on the weekends I walk for 20-30 minutes + 10-20 minutes of running up and down stairs, and on the weekdays I walk everyday for at least 60 minutes
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I walk everyday, on the weekends I walk for 20-30 minutes + 10-20 minutes of running up and down stairs, and on the weekdays I walk everyday for at least 60 minutes

Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • Scottmufcrvp1
    Options

Are you eating back your exercise calories?
    Not far off. maybe leaving 50-100 calories
  • luvmydog2
    Options
    If you are going to put it in ... be prepared to put it out is my motto ! :bigsmile:
    Works for me .... :laugh:
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day last sunday...

See a bad day for me is now defined as not getting enough food into me.

I was full at 995 calories...ate enough to get me to 1195 ...yogurt and chocolate and felt like crap for 2 days afterwards...

I will never do it again...what a horrid day(s)

This, except my kcal intake was around 1300, because that was all I could manage, when I had the flu.
  • luvmydog2
    Options
    Good site ... for people just starting out ...http://dietbiz.com.au/articles/carbohydrate-fat-protein-balance.htm