I need to lose weight!

Options
Hey everyone!

I haven't been very active on here since July and basically all the weight I worked hard to get off this past year has piled back on in a matter of 2 months. Long story short, I've been off work for 2 months due to a car accident that left me unable to do any activity and now I can't even fit into any clothes I have.

I'm so upset with the way I look now and I want my old body back. I just need some motivation and tips.

One major change is that my boyfriend moved in with me and he can eat anything he wants without gaining weight. He cooks excellent and for the most part healthy meals but he serves them in large portions.

I find that I am always hungry and I remember that feeling when I first started my weight loss journey last year and I learned to not mind it. My tummy doesn't always need to feel full.

Now I know this is a tricky time of the year to get back into losing weight, but I find it to be the best time. It really pushes me to do right.

So here I go again, please wish me luck!!! Any suggestions that have helped you or any words of encouragement would be awesome!

Replies

• rbelmar
    Options
    Not alone:)
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    do it too it!
  • FeistyKitty808
    FeistyKitty808 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    We are all in this together, remember that! We are here when you need us to give you a push or to just listen to your venting.

Start by having a heart to heart chat with your boyfriend, ask him to help you by dishing out smaller portions. He can go back for seconds, but you don't need the temptation. I understand your frustration about your injuries, too. I have been nursing a fractured foot since Sept, it has really made getting around difficult and exercise out of the question. I have just recently been able to do small walks, but I'm doing it. The hardest part is getting past your feeling sorry for yourself, just remember this is not perminant; it will pass. Your activities will come in time, just get your head and your heart in the right place first; the rest will follow.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    - Buy smaller bowls, plates :-)
    - Eat more times during the day but small amounts
    - make breakfast your biggest meal
    - join the gym
    - write down your goals

glad to hear you're okay though :o)
  • zanmoto
    Options
    I totally understand what you mean! I spend most weekends around my boyfriends house and he makes giant portions! He can obviously eat that much and I always feel like I SHOULD eat whats on my plate because he made it for me.
    However, after I started putting on weight (about a stone) and got really upset about it, we figured out that for me to be full I eat about one third less than he does. So when he makes food- he never lets me cook!- he makes sure he dishes up significantly less for me.
    About the not feeling full thing: Water, Water, Water, drinking water and keeping hydrated stops that hunger feeling that you get after you eat.
    Also eating food that will keep you fuller for longer would help that feeling too.

I hope this is all useful. I'm in the same boat with the boyfriend thing, so don't you worry about it!

P.s: I'm sorry to hear about your accident, I hope your feeling better now.
  • leannemsw
    Options
    Thanks for all the support! I've started today but I have really only had vegetables and fruit (not intentionally) so I haven't been feeling too great. Monday I will be going back to work for the first time since mid-October. It's the kind of job where you can either lose a lot of weight (from stress and busyness) or gain a lot of weight (eating fast food). I am driving in my car for the majority of the day so we will see what happens!

But again, thanks so much! It's good to know I'm not alone and I appreciate the suggestions!