Anybody feel weird with success?

Options
Okay, nevermind. I don't think weird is necessarily the right word here.

Today I reached my 20 lbs lost mark. (only 10 more to my goal!) That's been over about a 3 month span.
It just feels, too easy.

I haven't felt deprived of anything.
I haven't necessarily been on a health food kick.
I haven't cut out the occasional fast food meal.
I haven't given up my chocolate.
I don't work-out everyday.

I guess that's what happens when you make choices for a lifestyle change rather than "dieting".

Does anyone else have any idea what i'm talking about?
Like worrying that one day you'll wake up and realize it's all just a dream? :P

Replies

• sweetie89207
    Options
    i know EXACTLY what u mean...i havent been cutting everything out of my diet like many ppl on here, i still eat fast food, and chocolate, and ice cream, and go out to eat often...but i have lost 2 lbs a week ever since i got on here- because i am staying under my cal count! and it does kinda feel weird when you kno ur week wasnt amazing or super healthy but u lost 3 lbs ya know?

ur totally right...but im glad its working and i dont feel like im on a diet...not even a little- ITS GREAT....i love my fitness pal !!!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Ive been thinking the same thing for the last week now, I don't know how to be happy with my loss, I keep waiting for the scale to read plus one or two
  • MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    I've only lost 17, but I know what you mean. I don't really workout a lot, I eat everything in moderation (including ice cream and brownies) and I never feel like I'm starving myself.
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You go sister! That is exactly the way I feel! I eat loads of healthy foods, and chips, and ice cream (well - not now that it's cold outside!), and cookies and drink a little wine on the weekend! I just stay under my calorie count, or close enough. I couldn't do it without my digital scale. It is the best! I measure 99% of what I eat at home, and I'm getting much better at portioning when I don't have my scale. I now know what 1 serving of pasta looks like. I can't imagine not doing that anymore.

Here's to always counting calories and never being on a diet! :drinker:
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    man! that USED to be exactly how I felt. I lost 20 pounds "easily." I still had to practice self-control, which was a new concept for me at the time, but it seemed so simple. then five more pounds came off a little more slowly.

but now, after the past three months i've gained those 5 back and i am having a really tough time sticking with it. my job changed so i don't get to calculate anything until the end of day (whereas before i calculated after ever meal). without the constant reminder and checking in at least three times a day, i just can't keep my mind in the right place. i'll eat snacks during the day knowing full well that i don't have the calories to spare, but i eat them anyway. then i'll calculate at the end of the day and see that i went over by 900, 1300, even 1800 calories and I just don't seem to care. i do the same thing the next day!

back when i started all this i used to panic if i went over by even 10 calories. how do i get back that drive to take it so seriously?
  • marthack
    Options
    I definitely understand. I've been losing a pound a week since I started and I don't fell deprived either if I know that Im going out for a big dinner I just workout a little more but, I'm not working out every single day. I do feel a little weird but, happy that i'm loosing the weight I just hope and pray that I continue with my new life style. This has been the best thing ever and I've been bragging to everybody that asks how I'm ding it. I'm almost at my goal 7lbs to go!
  • marthack
    Options
    I don't know about you but, for me it all happened when I wasn't comfortable looking at myself in the mirror or I started to hate to try on clothes and I've never been that kind of a person.

Maybe try to get a smart phone (Droid, blackberry or iphone) , this way you could enter it more often. Good luck,!
  • SafariLara
    Options
    Even though I've been losing 2 lbs a week
    I feel like i eat about the same as i used to. Maybe i'm wrong... maybe portions were my problem or something, but this does seem just WAY too easy! haha
    I don't think I'll feel successful until I hit like 25 lb loss though...
  • SafariLara
    Options
    I feel like i eat about the same as i used to. Maybe i'm wrong... maybe portions were my problem or something, but this does seem just WAY too easy! haha
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Instead of weird I feel nervous.

I think these first 17 lbs I lost were the easiest. The next 17, I think, are going to take a lot more work. But I'm nervous that I'll fall back into old habits, so I do as much as I can to ensure that I wont! It's pretty much my biggest fear.

I don't really feel *that* successful yet, I definitely feel healthier and more fit; I think once I reach my goal and stay there for a few months or so I may feel truly successful.
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I went from from being 5'11" 270 plus pounds to 192 lbs within the span of about 7 months. I see myself in the mirror everyday and it still seems strange after spending nearly all my life fat. I still try to suck in my gut to squeeze through spaces that I can easily walk through sometimes. I doesn't feel real yet and I don't think about it until I look in the mirror or someone makes a comment to me. Its weird but its awesome!! Enjoy it and keep it up!!
  • pinky1988
    Options

That's how I feel!!! I feel as if the scale is lying to me!!! Like it's saying" let's show her a little something so she can stop stepping on us" lol
  • peterfilardo
    peterfilardo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've got no small amount guilt myself, as well. I'm 5'7" 161 lbs, starting off 195 lbs on July 1 of this year. I entered a weight loss competition with my work-mates, as I felt it would be good motivation. I was on the smaller side of the people entered, with what I felt was a reasonable 6-month goal (175 lbs). There were many people well into the 200's. Well, I hit my goal in 2 months flat, and have been losing weight ever since.

It's never seen like a great struggle to me, and to see people around me having a genuinely hard time with it is very difficult. I'm on track to win a good chunk of cash, and I suppose I should be happy. It would have been nice to see everyone else have success too, but that doesn't seem to be likely.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Definitely.

Especially when on the MFP boards where a lot of people are eating clean or doing some type of intense marathon preparation. I mean, I seriously haven't changed that much about the way I eat. In fact, pretty much none of the food I eat feels like diet food (had coffee-braised pot roast last night). I guess maybe this is because I found some good recipes? And as far as working out.... I play racquetball and it feels like more of a hobby than anything. My gym will be closed for three days as of today, so I can't work out. And I'm not flipping out or coming up with contigencies.... i just figure I won't work out. I dunno. I do often worry that the scale is lying and my clothes are mis-labeled. I guess that's ridiculous, but when I went from being and 18+ to being a 12 without feeling deprived most days.... It's gotta be a lie, right?
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean to an extent. It doesn't seem real to me yet that I have lost this weight. Right now, it seems like it had been effortless, but I KNOW I put alot of effort into it. I keep thinking my eyes are playing tricks on me when I get on the scale, or when I measure myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!