Birthday Wishes ~My taste if success

Options
SugaryLynx
SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
My name is Kristin. I'm a self-professed nerd. I started playing games at the age of 3 (Mario to be exact). I've always been on the outside, watching and admiring others. I appreciated life from the standpoint of a spectator. Lived my life as a spazzy, often misunderstood gamer girl. My friends were sometimes embarrassed of me, I was often loud at inappropriate times or took things to heart that didn't need to be. I considered myself a free spirit. Then, high school ended. Most of my friends faded away and I was left to stand alone. I didn't know how to function well without the support of others. Then, I met my husband. He was actually a crush from my freshman year of high school but I never told him.

Fast forward. .. years of falling in love, having kids, falling into a pattern of inactivity, excuses, and partial self loathing. But today, it's my birthday. Today, unlike last year, I'm someone different. I thought I was set in stone before, that after X amount of time, we solidify into the person we'll always be but that was a lie. You're only trapped by the walls you build yourself. Well, this time last year I was 7.5 months pregnant. This time last year I had a tiny dream in my heart of widdling away the years I wasted making every excuse for any failure in my life. The fact is... no one is infallible. Everyone falls. The difference between the successful people and the latter is the ability to understand that we need to get back up... To try again.

I'm a year older but I'm not done growing. Life is always changing, we should always be changing. I want to carve a path made from my perseverance and heart. I want to be proud and for my children to be proud of me.I want them to understand that life doesn't come without heartache or failure but it's in those moments of fragility that our character is tested. Push through and the light will shine on your face again. Here's to another year!

2czobck.jpg

Replies

• sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Happy Birfday to you beautiful woman! Your post made me a bit teary eyed - like a mama bursting with pride. A couple things really stood out to me, about the walls we build around ourselves that trap us into thinking change cannot happen, and pushing through and seeing the light shine on your face. Nicely, nicely done. Here's to many more wonderful birthdays where you sing the joys of life. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!:drinker:
  • Strivetobebetter76
    Strivetobebetter76 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Hope today is another killer day full of greatness
  • raven_ous
    raven_ous Posts: 223
    Options
    I already gave you it, but here it is again, sorry I misspelled birfday:laugh:

qW1GOvM.jpg
  • raven_ous
    raven_ous Posts: 223
    Options
    bump because success stories+birthdays=Furlucking Awesome!
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Happy Birfday to you beautiful woman! Your post made me a bit teary eyed - like a mama bursting with pride. A couple things really stood out to me, about the walls we build around ourselves that trap us into thinking change cannot happen, and pushing through and seeing the light shine on your face. Nicely, nicely done. Here's to many more wonderful birthdays where you sing the joys of life. :flowerforyou: :heart:

Thank you so much.♡♡ I feel so much more grateful for life, having broken out of those walls.

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday! Hope today is another killer day full of greatness

Thanks so much♡

I already gave you it, but here it is again, sorry I misspelled birfday

Love Me some Deadpool! Thank you so much. You're awesome. Very glad we're friends. Need lots of inspiration and laughter on this gurney :flowerforyou:
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love it! Not only are you not written in stone, you smashed the stone and are building something new. Great post, great spirit.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Birthday wishes coming your way. You truly deserve all the happiness life can offer. You are beautiful inside and out..
  • lizzylou36
    Options
    Happy B-day!!!! :tongue:
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    I love it! Not only are you not written in stone, you smashed the stone and are building something new. Great post, great spirit.

That's such a cool analogy!♡ Thank you so much my friend

Birthday wishes coming your way. You truly deserve all the happiness life can offer. You are beautiful inside and out..

Thank you so much, that's very sweet of you to say ♡

Happy B-day!!!! 

Thanks!! It was a great day :D
  • ericarenee2005
    Options

This time last year I had a tiny dream in my heart of widdling away the years I wasted making every excuse for any failure in my life. The fact is... no one is infallible. Everyone falls. The difference between the successful people and the latter is the ability to understand that we need to get back up... To try again.

I needed to read this badly today. I'm glad I added you and you have done amazing things. It's really inspiring to me. I know what it's like to be the strange gamer/anime girl. I would record DBZ on VHS while I was cheer leading practice so I never missed an ep. Lol!
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday! :flowerforyou:

I especially love this quote by you.. "I want them to understand that life doesn't come without heartache or failure but it's in those moments of fragility that our character is tested. Push through and the light will shine on your face again."

Thanks for sharing!
  • Strangegirlz
    Strangegirlz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    dunno how I missed this post before. I've told you before, but just incase you've forgotten or you're in any doubt, you are inspirational!
  • Lynzigzagzay
    Lynzigzagzay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great story beautifully told! Very inspiring. Also, you look amazing!!
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday...........Thank you for your insights...wonderful and beautifully written

Oh, almost forgot, Congratulations on your success
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it taken me this long to read this.

You are so awesome. Seriously. I love how strong, smart, beautiful, funny, nerdy, awesome, etc. you are. You are smart enough to know what's BS in the threads and what has been asked a million times yet you are always nice and direct in responses. I'm very glad I stumbled across you on here and we've gotten to know each other. I hope to continue to get to know you and see how you continue to improve.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!