exercise with injury?

Options
Okay y'all, I don't know what I did, but I bent over with my son in my arms and felt a huge wave of pain in my back. I decided it best to skip exercise today. But what about tomorrow? The pain goes from the middle of my back, all the way to my bum. Any suggestions?

Replies

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    If you're still in pain tomorrow then I wouldn't do any exercise until you have consulted a doctor to check what damage you might have done.

Hope it feels better. Sounds like you've maybe pulled a muscle or something in which case definitely rest up! :flowerforyou:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    see a doc.
  • hollymccall
    hollymccall Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll have to suck it up. I can't afford to see a doctor. I suppose I will have to just watch my calorie intake or cut it down a bit more.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Take some back pain medication or muscle relaxers, lay down in bed. That is what I usually do when I mess my back up.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I would suggest somevexceedingly light excersise, swimming or strolling, or yoga and try some stretches. It might help.

If not see a dr
  • Lo0n3y
    Lo0n3y Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    U may need anti inflamitries and pain killers, keep mobile though as I was in a car accident and was advised to bed rest for 2-3 weeks and it was the worst think ever. U can do basic stretches for the back, I started yoga and pilates 3 weeks ago and its the best thing ever, u could try that ?