Soo many calories!!

Options
So mad at myself. my father in law got me a sandwich from wawa just a ham and cheese & thought i'd be ok and theres no way it can be high in calories. Wrong! I looked up the calorie count in it my jaw dropped! Almost 1,000 calories in just one sandwich!! I will be more conscious of what I eat but wow I just couldn't believe it. Feel like my whole day is ruined in one meal :( Anyone else ever make this mistake before?

Replies

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    you're diary is open.. it was 390

not to mention the macros were pretty well balanced...

eat more sandwiches from wawa!
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Your day isn't ruined. If you regularly eat at or below maintenance, even going 1000 calories over budget won't significantly impact you. In fact, many people suggest a cheat day now and then to ramp up your metabolism and get a better effect overall.

Plus, if you do exercise, then that exercise has a lot of health benefits outside of weight. None of those got trashed by one sammy.

And, if it really bothers you, go for a quick walk. It's easy to knock out 250 calories or so, and put your day back in the positive column.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you're diary is open.. it was 390

not to mention the macros were pretty well balanced...

eat more sandwiches from wawa!

:huh:
  • Candygirl845
    Options
    Why does your food diary say that the sandwich was 390 cals?
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I doubt a sandwich with Ham and Cheese is that much
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Did you eat 3 of those sandwiches???
  • _Nicklebee
    Options
    Are you meaning the SODIUM was over 1,000? As others have said, the sandwich says to only be 390 calories. But yes, when i go out with my mom to the mall we go to the food court.. We try to pick the "healthiest" restaurant, "Chop it Salad". It had almost 500 calories in one wrap. Lets just say, i don't eat there anymore.