P90X

Options
Started P90X last week (now on day 8) and was wondering if there are any other new P90Xers out there wanting to start a new thread. I saw that there is a group which started in November but since they are probably half way through it, I thought I would try to get a newer group going.
Jess

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the X. I'm here if you need any help. Get ready for a life changing ride! :happy:

Stu
  • kolbyjack
    Options
    Yay! I'm on day 6!
  • cozzy530
    Options
    I just finished P90X for the second time. I made it to day 75 the first time around and had to stop due to buldging disks in my back. The second time around I was not as hard core but still got good results. Having been there and done that I will help you out if you need it. I am 49 yrs old, started out at 190 and finished at 164lbs. Bring it!
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start in the next week or two! I'm waiting to receive my DVDs from a friend and copy them for another friend so we can all start together!

I can't wait!!!
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 yesterday, Plyometrics, which I now love, 795 calories in an hour, and would have been more but I had to skip the last 5 minutes (still did the cool down) because I had a meeting to get ready for.
  • cindaroses
    Options
    I'm on day 15 I think. I'm doing well with it, but not seeing the weight loss I want. I need to get my eating in order!
  • dtenzie
    Options
    Good morning,

I did P90X twice and lost about 20lbs of fat around the midsection. I went from a jean size 38 to a 34 in 3 months :-). Let me know if you have any questions :-). I'm doing a mixture of Insanity and P90X now.
  • babephat
    Options
    I keep starting and stopping... I have a 7mo old! Need help with motivation!! I'm back to pre preg weight, now just need to tone tone tone :)
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    YAY for all the replies!!! I'm doing the lean version and unfortunately, the discs are hand-me-downs, so I don't have the nutrition plan. Last week all I did was crave food and carbs and I think I did more harm than good.... which is why I am back to myfitnesspal (I had been taking a break from counting calories and was just trying to eat healthy) since I seem to require a bit more self accountability. I have done from reading on the message boards about trying to do 20%fat, 40-50% protein and 30-40% carbs so will try to stick to that using the food diary here.

Cindaroses, jlynny1811, debbyrae3 - shall we start a specific thread to stay in touch or just use this?? I've never started a long term group thread before!!

I did plyometrics last week instead of kenpo (wasn't the biggest fan of the 10 minutes of it in cardio) and boy did my calves hurt the next 2 days. This is the first exercise program I've been really excited about!!! Here's to sticking with it and seeing results!!
  • babephat
    Options
    do you download them to your computer then copy them?
  • dtenzie
    Options
    Hi Babephat,

To be honest P90X is one of the hardest beachbody programs to do. I usual recommend that people start of with P90 or Slim in 6 for fat lost. Once they are in much better shape then try P90X or Insanity. You will stick with it longer. I'm a Beachbody coach so I hear this all the time :-). I would say buy it and invest in your fitness. Most people who download it don't see the full value. Then it collects dust LOL.

With the program you get a diet plan and a schedule....Plus having the orginals increases your chance of doing it LOL. Just my 2 cents :-).
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    I have the original disks (no bootleg or other illegal versions - my father is a copyright lawyer, so I was raised that way). The disks are all from my BF's parents. I think they just didn't give us the nutrition part with everything else (bands, chin up bar, exercise schedule, etc). I am hoping to really get a lot out of them.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have the nutrition plan at home, I think. If so, I could probably scan it for you and e-mail it to you. I'm going to start it again with my husband on February 1. He's had pneumonia, and can't even begin to think of starting such an intense program. I have lost all my baby weight and am now trying to get to my law school weight. I did that by doing a combination of going to the gym and a bunch of different videos. I'm having good results, but am making a 2011 goal of completing P90X. Currently, I do the Kenpo X, pylometrics, ab ripper X, and the X stretch pretty regularly. I mix it up with Jillian Michaels. Basically, it's whatever I feel like doing in a certain day, paying attention to what my body is telling me, with a few simple rules: Weights 3x a week, ab ripper X 3 times a week, stretch (including yoga) of some sort every night.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I would love to start P90X again. I did it last January and kept at it for about 70 days, although I rewarded my workouts with fatty foods and sweets (really countproductive). So since I am now watching what I eat I would love to see what I can do. I'm in.
  • debbyrae3
    Options
    YAY for all the replies!!! I'm doing the lean version and unfortunately, the discs are hand-me-downs, so I don't have the nutrition plan. Last week all I did was crave food and carbs and I think I did more harm than good.... which is why I am back to myfitnesspal (I had been taking a break from counting calories and was just trying to eat healthy) since I seem to require a bit more self accountability. I have done from reading on the message boards about trying to do 20%fat, 40-50% protein and 30-40% carbs so will try to stick to that using the food diary here.

Cindaroses, jlynny1811, debbyrae3 - shall we start a specific thread to stay in touch or just use this?? I've never started a long term group thread before!!

I did plyometrics last week instead of kenpo (wasn't the biggest fan of the 10 minutes of it in cardio) and boy did my calves hurt the next 2 days. This is the first exercise program I've been really excited about!!! Here's to sticking with it and seeing results!!
    I have digital copies of the books and such if you want I can e-mail you copies. Just send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I can e-mail you copies of my stuff.

I am also going to work up an accountability calendar/sticker chart for each version of the program that I can send you also if you'd like. Just let me know.

I'll also be doing the lean version of the program.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Quick question: how do you log this exercise in? I haven't found p90X in the exercise database.
  • debbyrae3
    Options
    A lot of people use a heart rate monitor to calculate their calories burned and just enter how many calories they burned.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    Quick question: how do you log this exercise in? I haven't found p90X in the exercise database.

I'm doing the same thing - starting to use my HRM for all p90x exercises. Hopefully I will be somewhat consistent about calories burned and can just keep using the same numbers. Feel free to use the calories/routine that I have in my log - only ab ripper x and cardio so far. However, I'm only 127 pounds so I think I burn less than others (I only have zumba to compare and I know some who can burn 800 calories doing that for an hour and I am lucky to burn 450).
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    I thought I would also put in my goals for tomorrow: shoulders and arms, and if I have time I'd like to do some yoga or plyometrics. I am hoping to be dome with work early (cross my fingers) as I only have 2 things scheduled, and if that goes smoothly, will have time to work out at home before getting my car fixed in the afternoon. My boyfriend and I are going to go out for dinner tomorrow night though at the mexican place we had our first date, so I hope I can find a salad with some good protein for a lower calorie, higher protein dinner. We will also be picking up a bunch of venison for the freezer - good low fat protein source, just need to learn how to cook it. Night everyone - let us know your goals and if you met them!
  • Moma_Do
    Moma_Do Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What kind of equipment do you need for P90X?